Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suebee2
    replied
    Melissa, the bio feed back I experience was like tiger-gal discribed. Although it didn't help the leakage as my muscles are not working well, it did help me with retraining my mind about habitual running to the bathroom. I went for 6 sessions. As of yesterday I have interstim trial, and so far I am dry, completely. Bio feed back background will help me at this point to not be addicted to the bathroom.

Leave a comment:

• Big Red
    replied
    IT is done in my case for both. I have pelvic floor disorder. I have also had alot of abdomenal surgies that were working at breaking up the adhesions. My vaginal area is to tight and she feels that that way intercourse is a big NO. It is embarrassing but I have fought a battle that I only have felt like is going down hill. I don't like doing it. It makes me feel really kind of wierd afterwards but I try to but the embarassment aside and work through it. It isn't doing anything much more than a regular vaginal exam.

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    I was wondering myself about it. Glad it is helping you but I too could not let someone do that. Would be way to personal. Bad enough having exams done. Maybe a person could do it themselves if told how to but I doubt I could still do that myself. Is it done just for pain or if you have bladder leaking?

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    well, I am asking for directions and recruiting my hubby, or do it myself, I really can't do this. There is no way I can come to terms with accepting this treatment.

I am so glad that it is helping you, and you think it is worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Big Red
    replied
    The vaginal message that my PT does is internal with her fingers. She is stretching those muscles. I won't stear you wrong it does hurt. If it helps in the end I guess the pain is worth it.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I think it is a very good question, and I actually would like to know. If this is part of therapy, I am not interested. I would be ,to say the very least, absolutey uncomfortable.

Leave a comment:

• MelissaT
    replied
    Tigergal,
    I was thinking the same thing. Is the vaginal massage what it sounds like. Or is it done by machines or something else. I know I am being vague in my question, but I am uncomfortable asking it.

MelissaT

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I am waiting to start pt.. I really do not think I could let any one do vaginal massages, thats just way to personnel.

Leave a comment:

• MelissaT
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I have make an appointment with my uro on Wednesday. I am now armed with info. that I can discuss with her. I appreciate your help so much.

MelissaT

Leave a comment:

• Big Red
    replied
    I had a bio feed back when I started PT two weeks ago. I found out I don't have pelvic muscles either. We have started exercise along with vaginal messages. The vaginal messages hurt. I also have a few exercises to do at home. Friday we did Dyathermy which is a no no with an inter-stim sooo now I am waiting for my doc. to call me to see if he wants my inter-stim checked. Hope it works for you.

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    When I went I couldn't get that thing in my vagina (was to big) so she used sticky things on my butt. Relaxing the muscles down there does help but I had no problem relaxing them. She taught me to do some breathing exercises too that helps to relax them.

Leave a comment:

• MelissaT
    replied
    Thanks Tiger gal. Is there anything that can help with this?

Melissa

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    Melisa
    When I had to go in for biofeed back, I was given a sealed in a package white tampon looking object with a cord. They had me put it in vaginally, in the bathroom. Next the cord was then plugged it to a machine, that resembled a very large laptop. She had be sit, stand, bend, cough, do a keagle. every thing was transmitted onto the puter screen. I am assuming they have a chart to go by to see if you have pfd or not, I do, they said I have no pelvic floor muscels.

Leave a comment:

• MelissaT
    started a topic BioFeed Back????

BioFeed Back????

I have read that some of you use biofeed back therapies. Can anyone tell me what this is? I am searching for anything that might help.

Thanks,
    MelissaT
Working...
X