Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neferte
    replied
    I use a hot water bottle. Nothing like it.

Leave a comment:

• Briza
    replied
    I can only use a heating pad on my back....my belly gets so sensitive to touch, I can't tolerate the heat there. So I use cold packs on my belly and between my legs, and heating pad for the back. I have a heating pad that shuts off automatically, but too soon! I'm going to try to find the one that shuts off after 3 hours.

Leave a comment:

• cia
    replied
    My abdomen is all blotchy. my physical therapist said I am making the heating pad too hot, my dermatologist said that this is something that would have happened anyway. I have always had the same blotches on my hands and inner upper thighs. The blotches are much darker on my abdomen.

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    I seriously live on my heating pads. 1 in bed, 1 on couch, heated seats in my Tahoe. (always on-summer winter it don't matter)
    Does anyone get discolored skin from so much use?? Yes, I keep it hot. If I don't the pain just gets too bad.

Leave a comment:

• bladder
    replied
    I also have heated seats in my truck. I use it all the time. It is great for long trips. My husband rigged the command start so that I can preheat them on cold days. That is great because we have very long winters. The ice is just coming off our lake while the pussy willows are going to seed. Just the beginning of spring here.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    I actually use two heating pads at the same time -- one on the front and one on the back. It's heaven. When we go on vacation, I usually pack the regular heating pads (unless we go to Europe where the electricity is not compatible), but I also make sure to get the Therma-Care ones as well, for the trip itself. I would never survive a car ride or plane trip without heat!

It's very important to get a pad with auto shut-off. I once fell asleep with a therma-care on, and I still have an interesting pattern burned into my lower abdomen and upper thigh. I know some others here have had heating pad burns also.

Leave a comment:

• Claredale
    replied
    Jan, I have the convertor in my car as well. My husband, with his gadget mind, did that for me along time ago. It definitely helped me through lots of trips through the years.

Leave a comment:

• JanL
    replied
    I too use my heating pad every night. I have the kind that shuts off automatically after 8 (?12) hours. It really helps me. I also have one in my car for traveling (my next car will have heated seats that get really hot). I have an inverter that is large enough to use with a heating pad and it gets turned on whenever I am in the car. I also have used the disposable thermacare velcro back heating pads for days when I was going to be walking around or shopping a lot.

Janice

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Yes me too. I everynight use a neating pad. This time though I put more money out to buy a better one. It also has a shut off time which is great but I know that still can be dangerous. The thing is I can't sleep without one.My electic blanket burn out on me and can't find one how because it is summer. As soon as it comes out, I will get it.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• bladder
    replied
    My chiropractor told me not to use a heating pad because that only increases the swelling. That concerned me so I stopped using it.

Then I was in a bad flare and said to myself, I just want relief. I went back to using the heating pad. I don't think I feel worse with it at all. It is so comforting! Use whatever works or feels good!

Leave a comment:

• cia
    replied
    I use the microwavable pads. The heat dissipates slowly so I don't notice it is gone unless I have to get up to pee. I throw it in the microwave while I run to the bathroom, it is ready and waiting for me when I get back. I bought mine from the chiropractor but there is a herb one in the ICN store that I use sometimes as well. (much prettier) My sweet honey will occasionally steal it in his sleep during the night, but I think he is just jealous of it, he knows which of them I can't sleep without. I carry a regular hot water bottle with me when I travel. I am not taking the chance on not having a microwave and having to run to a hotel desk to ask for a reheat in the middle of the night. I have used the heat forever, I don't even know why or when I started. I messed up my back shortly before my IC started and I know I used heat before doing my stretches, that may have led to my trying it.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    That's ok LeeAnn, I did pretty much the same thing - came late to the wonders of heat, lol. When I was first diagnosed, I had read a ton of great reviews on using heat, but heat had never worked for menstrual cramps for me, so I dismissed it as being helpful - til I discovered how wonderful a hot shower worked one day!!! From then on I was a believer!!!!

Leave a comment:

• LeeAnn
    replied
    aahhh!

i feel so stupid! i can't believe i didn't think of heating pads sooner! i have used mine for two nights in a row now and i actually got some sleep! i did keep waking up and turning it back on (it shuts off every 45 min) so i just ordered one from amazon.com that stays on for 3 hours! Thanks so much for all the advice, it is much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• dyno
    replied
    Yup, I am with the rest of them... my heating pad is a must have on some days. I also use the stick on ones when away from home.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I have 2 - one at work and the other at home. My husband kids me alot and says I love it more than him. But honestly, I don't know what I would do without it! I have the one that shuts off every 2 hours - which I keep at the house, this way when I fall asleep at night I don't have to worry about it not going off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X