X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarojini
    replied
    I'm really glad they are helping you!

I use Lidoderm patches for muscle spasms and tenderness for fibromyalgia -- and their original use was for the skin/nerve pain that can linger around after a bout of shingles. Often they are not prescribed for IC because the lidocaine doesn't penetrate very deeply into the body...so it usually doesn't reach the bladder itself.

However, they're great for easing pain from the pelvic floor muscles and some of the pelvic nerves that are closer to the surface.

Seems like you're getting good relief from them, though, and that is GREAT

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Well thats great news!!!..

Thanks for sharing that with us..I have only been dg with IC since Nov 06..I have heard something about some patches but not sure if its the one your talking about.. But hey if they are working for you then thats great..

Leave a comment:

• LeeAnn
    started a topic Lidocaine Patches are helping me!

Lidocaine Patches are helping me!

Hi guys!

I had a terrible flare that started up in early March. I am so thankful for all of your support during this time. I am also happy to tell you all that I am now doing SOooo much better and this flare has significantly retreated.

I also just started Lidocaine 5% Patches 3 nights ago. They are prescription and I can tell a big difference! I am falling asleep in about 15 minutes after lying down at night. Which is great! The vicodin alone was helping but it was still taking me 3 hours or more----even WITH temazepam (sleeping pill). These patches are really making a difference. They are worn 12 hours on and 12 hours off. They don't hurt when you pull them off and they don't even leave a sticky residue or anything! They are expensive (about $200 for a box of 30) so I am thankful I have a good prescription drug plan. I was a little concerned they would make me feel numb (as lidocaine is an anesthetic) but they didn't! It didn't feel like anything except it reduced the pain.

I haven't heard or read about using these for IC but I am not as well informed as most of you are. SO maybe you are already aware of these.

Anyway, just trying to help!!!
Working...
X