Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• born2swim
    replied
    I used to drink decaf green tea all the time (for years) until I got IC. Some good it did to prevent inflammation, right? If I try it now, I can't stop urinating... no pain... just urgency/frequency. It acts like a diuretic, even with it being decaf.

Leave a comment:

• DebbieB
    replied
    I drink naturally decaffeinated green tea twice a day and I am not bother with
    it, we are so different in how we all deal with our IC .

Debbie

Leave a comment:

• .........*sigh*
    replied
    Green tea for some reason takes some of the pelvic pain away. Well I wasn't exactly diagnosed with IC but with Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome since my uro doesn't know whether it's my prostate or bladder that is causing all the pain but he is leaning towards the prostate.

Leave a comment:

• chantal nicole
    replied
    At your own risk, i didn't do well on it at all and my symptoms are somewhat well managed, food is a bit of a trigger still but not nearly as much as before the neurostimulator. If you try it, i suggest the naturally decaffeinated one for starters.

chantal

Leave a comment:

• Paininthe*.*
    replied
    Firestarter, chamomile and marshmallow root should be soothing teas to try. I've seen Roobios mentioned on this site, but I think it tastes AWFUL! Not sure about mint, not a favorite, but give it a try. I've seen pure blueberry leaf team mentioned here, but be sure there are no other ingredients.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I know I can't drink green tea one way or the other, either due to bladder pain/frequency; or due to my INR if (if I drink too much of it; it throws it way off!) Anyway I can drink Chamomile (my favorite is Honey vanilla Chamomile)

Leave a comment:

• Firestarter
    replied
    What Teas are then recommended???

I certainly love Green tea and chamomile but my bladder goes into pain and frequency after ten minutes after drinking... Mint on the contrary seems to not give me trouble... any, recommendations for teas???

Hope you all are feeling good!

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    replied
    green tea/white tea

I found decaf green tea really gave me a fit of frequency that would last for a couple of hours. I was able recently to drink white, decaf tea without a problem. White tea is even higher than green in healthful components, and is natually lower in caffein than most decaf teas or coffees. White tea that is not decaf would be very tiny in any.
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• mich2604
    replied
    I used to drink green tea daily before i got IC , it didnt seem to help me ward off this disease.

I cant drink it now, it really flares me(ugh, the memories) ouch!

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    Green tea, while it doesnt cause me pain, it does cause a significant increase in frequency. I had some a week ago and never thought I'd ever get a reprieve from the bathroom!..

Diana

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    We bought green tea a cpl years ago when it came out on the news that green tea has so many good health qualities.....but it just made my bladder scream! lol So my husband had to finish off the tea we bought I love tea in general and can't drink any now. I drink water.....and I get SO tired of water! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Yea I bet they would...lol I really wish I could drink grren tea because I love it.. You know the funny thing is just months before I was dg with IC is when I first started drinking it.. I was thinking maybe it contributed to the IC..lol
    Oh well what do I know...lol

Ronda

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    I wonder that too.......I feel like writing them and telling them to do a study from us on this site! I'll bet they'd come to a different conclusion! LOL Roxie

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Very interesting.. I wonder how they did thier study, because I know green tea kills my bladder...

Leave a comment:

• LeeAnn
    replied
    green tea

I love green tea but I can't drink it b/c it definitely flares me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X