Problem with heating pads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sacausa View Post
    Oh ok! I know that was kind of a weird thing to ask, but you never know! I'm sure your doctor will be able to figure it out for you though! I sincerely hope that you find something that works for you... non stop pain is AWFUL! I don't know how I dealt with it.. or how other people deal with it!
    No, it's OK. I certainly have done goofy things before, just not that! I think dealing with pain we really have to just deal with it, you know. My mom,who is a recovering alcoholic, has really taught me how to take "one day at a time". And that's what I try to do when it comes to dealing with pain, sometimes one hour at a time! I may hurt today, but tomorrow is a new day. At first I let the pain get to me and my imagination sparked all kinds of fears and "what ifs" reguarding my future and it made me so bitter and depressed. But trying to live in the moment and keeping up with posting here when I am feeling at my wits end have really helped. What is the worst is that other people just don't get it. But to be honest, I didn't until it happened to me!!
    ANd I am thankful to work withpeople who are understanding. My co-worker sent me home the other night because she could see how much pain I was in. Since I work with kids with disabilities, everyone I work with has been very understanding. And that isn't common for most people with chronic pain!\
    Rachel
    DX's:
    IC; PFD; possible Fibromyalgia; IBS;

Symptoms: Frequency, Urgency, pelvic and bladder pain, bladder and pelvic spasms, difficulty starting urination, weak stream, incontinence, vaginal and urethral pain

I've Tried:
    three Hydrodistentions, various Rescue Installments; 6 DSMO treatments; Pyridium Plus; Proced; Detrol (patch); Elavil; Uricet K; Elmiron; Nortiptyline; Ultram; Allegra; Ditropan; Ditropan ER; Vesicare; regular Lidocain; Neurontin; Lyrica; and few more I can't remember!
    Currently using:
    Valium; Vicadin; Proced DS; Claritin; Buffered Lidocain; Cymbalta; Baclofen; Prazosin @ night (also on Prednisone and Adderall for my joint pain and severe fatigue)
    Heating pads; frozen water bottles; A&D ointment; Poise pads; IC dieter since 8/06; yoga; imagery & relaxation CD, Mindfullness, self healing CD's; hot baths; seat cushion; prayer
    I am 28 yrs old, dx'ed in '06, still trying to get my health undercontrol!!

Comment

Update after seeing Doc

He said to lay off of heat for a few week then use it on for only 30 minutes with an hour in between. That will be tricky with the stick on pads!
      I am going to have to just break down and blow the dust off of my wallet and invest in a good electric pad with a time/shut off. He said the dicoloration should go away like many of you told me.
      Just wanted to let you know.
      Thanks!
      Rachel
      DX's:
      IC; PFD; possible Fibromyalgia; IBS;

Symptoms: Frequency, Urgency, pelvic and bladder pain, bladder and pelvic spasms, difficulty starting urination, weak stream, incontinence, vaginal and urethral pain

I've Tried:
      three Hydrodistentions, various Rescue Installments; 6 DSMO treatments; Pyridium Plus; Proced; Detrol (patch); Elavil; Uricet K; Elmiron; Nortiptyline; Ultram; Allegra; Ditropan; Ditropan ER; Vesicare; regular Lidocain; Neurontin; Lyrica; and few more I can't remember!
      Currently using:
      Valium; Vicadin; Proced DS; Claritin; Buffered Lidocain; Cymbalta; Baclofen; Prazosin @ night (also on Prednisone and Adderall for my joint pain and severe fatigue)
      Heating pads; frozen water bottles; A&D ointment; Poise pads; IC dieter since 8/06; yoga; imagery & relaxation CD, Mindfullness, self healing CD's; hot baths; seat cushion; prayer
      I am 28 yrs old, dx'ed in '06, still trying to get my health undercontrol!!

Comment

Working...
      X