Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

better today

Hi Ronda,

It's better today! Thanks for asking! I think it must have been the jalapenos hiding in the soup I was eating. I loved it and ate at least one serving every day for about five days. The ingredients said "chipotle" and my husband said, "Baby you know chipotle means smoked jalapeno right?"

Ummm, NOOOO!!! ha ha ha!

Now I do! And I won't forget either, LOL!

I just thought it was some sort of yummy mexican spice, I don't know.

Duh!!!

But I feel better today so far. I'm glad it probably wasn't the Topamax!!
    Lee Ann
    Current Rx Meds:
    Atarax, Ditropan, Elmiron
    Prior to pregnancy: The above 3 meds PLUS Neurontin, Topamax, Loratadine, continuous OrthoCyclen, Lidocaine Patches PRN, Temazepam PRN, & Vicodin PRN
    Hooray for babies!
    Misc. lifesavers: Hot baths, ThermaCare Heat Wraps, Ice Packs. The IC Diet has changed my life.
    Didn't work for me:
    Detrol LA, Amitryptiline, Morphine, Percocet, TENS unit, Interferential Pain Stimulator Unit, Hypogastric Plexus Nerve Block
    IC (Mod-Severe) since 1996

UPDATE: 5/21/08 Pregnancy and breastfeeding afterwards have alleviated my IC symptoms more than anything, EVER. Most days are 100% pain free & I now have normal frequency (as long as I take these 3 meds).

My little sweetie! Jack weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and was born via c-section on Feb. 28, 2008...

Comment

Yes I would say that would cause it..lol
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Hi! Mary I have been taking both of those drugs since May of 2004 with no reaction. I just got on the phone with my CVS pharmist and he said there was no reaction from taking topamax and neurontin together.

Deborah Bush
        I have IC, the IBS, Heartburn, High bloodpressure,thyrod problems, depression and clorties pain.

Comment

Sharon-- I have decreased the Elavil from 30mg to 20 mg and am doing much better with adding the Topamax I am already shocked at how much it has helped. In a week my head aches have even decreased in intensity.

Comment

Wow Leslie !!!
            That is wonderful news, You cerntainly deserve any kind of break from pain you can get..I am looking forward to upping mine tonight..

Ronda
            Hugs
            Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
            Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
            Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

leeann,I too had retention it was cause by my eating watermelon. alittle bit all day long. oh but it was so good. I ten to cheat alot. I am more senitive now than i use to be I used to be able to cheat before and get awayith it. today I start on 50 mg. I was so happy I was pain free. than free. Then we went to breakfast and I had pancakes and it was with real maple syrup. Well there came the pain again. Was my husban mad at me. So anyway I will try to be good tomorrow. It sure is hard. Violet

Comment

Leslie...This is good news. I hope it continues to help you. Please continue to update as you come off the Elavil. Thanks...(((hugs)))
                Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:

Link to the IC Diet:
                http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Today I did much better I did not cheat on my ic diet I ate a gala apple and vanlla ice cream as treats and those are on the diet so I did good not to much pain. I really need to have it up more. I`m at 50mg now only for 2 days after one mt I am going to call see if the doc will up it to 100 mg. I will keep you posted ,violet

Comment

Hi Violet I take 100 mg tablets twice a day. I hope you will notice a difference from taking 50mg to 100mg. I will be thinking about you. Let me no how you feel. Have a nice day.

Deborah Bush
                    I have IC, the IBS, Heartburn, High bloodpressure,thyrod problems, depression and clorties pain.

Comment

question for topamax users

I have a question for other people who take Topamax----does it make your hands super duper DRY? I have been drinking normal amounts of water but my hands feel like paper. I use hand cream but within ten minutes (honestly, no exaggerating) my hand are just as dry again. The rest of my skin is normal. It's just my hands. I don't get it!
                      Lee Ann
                      Current Rx Meds:
                      Atarax, Ditropan, Elmiron
                      Prior to pregnancy: The above 3 meds PLUS Neurontin, Topamax, Loratadine, continuous OrthoCyclen, Lidocaine Patches PRN, Temazepam PRN, & Vicodin PRN
                      Hooray for babies!
                      Misc. lifesavers: Hot baths, ThermaCare Heat Wraps, Ice Packs. The IC Diet has changed my life.
                      Didn't work for me:
                      Detrol LA, Amitryptiline, Morphine, Percocet, TENS unit, Interferential Pain Stimulator Unit, Hypogastric Plexus Nerve Block
                      IC (Mod-Severe) since 1996

UPDATE: 5/21/08 Pregnancy and breastfeeding afterwards have alleviated my IC symptoms more than anything, EVER. Most days are 100% pain free & I now have normal frequency (as long as I take these 3 meds).

My little sweetie! Jack weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and was born via c-section on Feb. 28, 2008...

Comment

Leann,
                        I have not noticed but I always have dry skin, but I have noticed my mouth being very dry even though I drink tones of water...
                        Hugs
                        Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

D.Bush, How long were you on 50 mg befoe you were put on 1oo mg I want to be on 100 now. I just had to take a Lor tab the pain in my clitorus was so bad. Is cerial on the ic diet like honey nut cherrios. Something is making me hurt. I also have retention again and if I don>t go to the bathroom right away I really hurt after I go I get some relief. Is that the way it was with you Moonheart andLeeAnn? thank you Violet

Comment

feresp..
                            I cannot eat anything that comtains nuts in it.. It will cause me to have retention and pain.. This might be your problem.. Also just wanted to let you know..Cymbalta has helped with my clitoral pain almost to the point where I dont feel it at all..

Ronda
                            Hugs
                            Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

D. Bush,How long before your Doc. gave you 100mg from 50mg. I hope he will give it to me after one month. I am still in pain. Do you ever get retention if you eat somthing you shouldn`t? I ate somthing because because i have it again today and i had to take a lortab and they don`t take all the pain away either. Bad Day again. Thank you Violet

Comment

Violet I think it was 2 to 3 weeks. But it has been 3 years ago when I started on this med. I do not have any problem with retation with my bladder and I can eat any thing I want with no problems.

Deborah Bush

Comment

Working...
                                X