Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angeles
    replied
    I got the book at amazons. You can check if Borders of Barnes and Noble carry it before going there.
    Regarding hives it is intersting what you mentioned about miralax, a few days ago I woke up in the middle of the night and my back, arms and legs were itiching, That day I tried Benefiber for the first time, so I thought it was that. It contains "wheat dextrin" and I may be sensitive to that. I took 1 benadryl and went back to sleep. I'm still thinking if I should try "benefiber" again again or just anotehr brand of "fiber".
    D mannose never gave me hives.

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Thanks for the info smr218.
    I also now notice that I am getting hives. I am not sure what they are from, but it has to be either from the miralax I just started taking two weeks ago or the Dmannose as those are the only two new things I have ingested. Geez, I swear if it is not one thing it is another.
    Thanks for the info on that book. Did you get it at borders? I am going to look into getting it, but not sure where to get it. WHere did you get yours?
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    replied
    D-Mannose

Like the other posters I find Mannose to be very soothing to the bladder. I find it helps with frequency and feelings of pressure which could be a low grade E-Coli attack. Whatever causes it, it stops it . Mannose only binds to E-Coli, at least thats whats they studied; but it could do other things we dont yet know?
    I have used it for about 6 years off an on, and always keep some on hand.
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    Jen, maybe you need to swithc brands of Dmanosse. It is strangre that D Mannose flares your bladder, but we knowwe are all different when it comes to how the bladder reacts. Like I mentioned before, if you want to prevent UTIs naturally, there's a book by Angela Kilmatin " Urinary infection, sexual cystitis and IC" you can buy for less than $15, in particular the section on how to prevent UTIs I found very helpful.
    Garlic pills are considered a bladder and antiseptic and blueberry (and blueberry pills) are supposed to act as cramberry, like D mannose. I don't eat much blueberries now that I have V V and blueberries are high in oxalates so not good for me.

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    I have been taking the D'mannose for a few days now and I notice it flares my bladder when I take it. I mean like 15 minutes after I take it, my bladder pain is worse. I dont want to stop the dmannose as I am trying to prevent UTIs. I use to take the dmannose all the time a couple years back for this reason and I did fine on it, but that was before I had IC too.
    Anyone get worse pain from the dmannose? What else is there to take to prevent UTI's? I was taking macrodantin( low dose), but my stomach and intestines do not tolerate any antibitoics anymore, so I cant take them. Any other ideas of what I can taka that wont upset the bladder? Thanks
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    Originally posted by jen74 View Post
    Thanks for that info. Where do you buy the probiotics? Can you get them in any health store or do you have to order them online? I am interested. I have alot of gastro issues and need to take them. I am also interested in the one you take to prevent uro infections. That is something I would like to try along with the D'mannose. I also suffer from colds! I have a possible autoimmune disease.
    Jen
    VSL#3 I buy from the website directly. You can google and will find the ir website. Very expensive though...

Fem D by Jarrow I bought it online thru amazons.com, this one is more affordable. The Reuteri by Natures Way which has the same ingredients as Fem D I got at whole foods.

Leave a comment:

• petrie86
    replied
    I just bought dmannose online this morning!!! I will let you all know how it works when I get it that is. LOL Have a great day girls...

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Thanks for that info. Where do you buy the probiotics? Can you get them in any health store or do you have to order them online? I am interested. I have alot of gastro issues and need to take them. I am also interested in the one you take to prevent uro infections. That is something I would like to try along with the D'mannose. I also suffer from colds! I have a possible autoimmune disease.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    Jen,
    I take 2 probniotics, the fist one is VSL#3. My Gastronterologist recomended me b/c she said it has been studied, it has 450 billion live bacteria per sachet (you can just use half if you feel you don't need that much or take it evry other day). I take one sachet in the morning.

I also take anotehr probitoc in the afternoons: Fem D by Jarrow. This one contains 2 strenghts that are supposed to be good to prevent urogenital infections: the strains are L. reuteri and L. Rhamnosus.
    You can gogle to get more info.
    There's anotehr brand by Natures Way that has those 2 strains too. The reason I take VSL#3 and Fem D is because I had taken lots on antibiotics in teh past and had a cycle of UTIs and vaginal infections. I still struggle with vaginal yeast but I think it is getting better. Alos I hadn't had a cold in almost a yr when I used to get one every 3 months. So probiotics help with the immune system.

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Hi SMR218.
    Which probiotics are you taking? I was taking the probiotics made by KAL, but I just talked to a pharmacist and he said he recommends the floragen 3. He said these are very good, and live bacteria. He said you have to be careful as some of the other brands are not even live bacteria. Just curious where you get yours?
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    I also take about 3 teaspoons daily, divided into two doses.

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    D manosse is a type of sugar that doesn't alter or increase the blood sugar. It is excreted in the urine. So do not worry about feeding the yeast with D manose.
    It is a great suplement.

Leave a comment:

• tcsharon
    replied
    I've been on d-mannose since April 24, 2007. I was worried about taking it because I'd just had a yeast infection and wondered if that sugar would feed the yeast. I've been on Diflucan 150mg once a week since the middle of March. I'm taking one more this week, then I'm done. I started d-mannose because I felt like I was getting a UTI. I'm taking the Now brand, I get it half price on line. I found relief in 24 hours, and I am still taking it. I started out taking three caps every two hours with maximum of 7 servings the first day. The second day I took three caps every three hours for a maximum of 5 servings. The third day I took three caps every four hours with a maximum of 3 servings. Maintance is three caps daily. But, I took three caps a couple times a day for over a week. I found this info online. I might try AZO when I'm done with the Diflucan, just to be on the safe side. I read a good article about d-mannose at http://www.drpressman.com/Library/D-Mannose.htm I like the photo of E coli adhering to human intestinal cells, I try to picture those little bugs in my bladder sailing off into the porcelain sunset, as the article says.

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    I also take Dmanose for several months now. I think it helps prevent UTIs and my bladdre is better so this may or may not be helping. Anyway I take it for UTIs but I think that if you really wan to tprevent UTIs you have to do more than just taking Dmannose. I do bottel washing after each BM, and there's more but I got to go now. I read a book from "****** *********" full of good advice on how to prevent UTIs and I'm planning to get notehr book about chronic UTIs from a DR. I thnk it is called: you don't have to live with Cistitis".
    UTIs caused my IC so I can afford to have nother one.
    Hugs to all.

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Thanks Tracy.
    Does your Dachsie get into alot of trouble also? Mine is always getting into EVERYTHING he possibly can. He also loves to eat. I love him to death though, he sure cheers me up when I am down. I thought about getting another one, but I am to sick to train another one again, plus, my Puddin is very possesive, and would likely be very jealous. He a mama's boy that is for sure.
    Thanks again, and hope you are feeling better.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X