Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many meds

hey girl,

Be happy. I don't have time to list meds., however I do have you beat by a long shot. Take care and take those meds. You are certainly not alone.

J.J.

Comment

Ronda,

Lets see, BC, Wellbutrin, Neurontin, Elmiron, Maxalt as needed, Phenergan as needed, Benadryl as needed.

Here is my philosophy, I would not want to take another pill but if it has a chance of helping me like Elmiron(and you know my initial hesitation regarding that drug) give it a try. As the new doc told me - you may be one of the ones that it helps and heck if it does why not!!!!

Comment

Thanks all of you, When I go see my new URO I am going to see if she will start me on Elmiron..
        Hugs
        Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
        http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
        Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
        Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
        Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
        Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

These are the meds I'm on, but I think I'm getting off Yasmin birth control because I have a feeling the drsp in it is causing my flares.
          Feel Free to Private Message me or E-mail me at
          [email protected]

Altough I have had IC symptoms in the past my main issue is urinary retention - I am DESPERATE for an answer. I have to self-cath every time I go to the bathroom and have been since 2000. I feel helpless. Any advice would be appreciated.

--------------------------------
          Interstim Trial on 12/21/07 - Didn't work so no InterStim for me

Tried:

Worked - Ditropan 15mg (and helps you sleep!) Off it now though

Didn't Work - Vesicare, Enablex, Detrol

Macrobid 50mg/day for to ward off infections
          Self-Cath (can't go on my own!) for retention
          Birth Control - Nothing- Quit Yasmin (It's a Diuretic!)

Comment

I take Lyrica for nerve pain and Ambien for sleep. These are my two constant medications that don't change. On a as needed basis I take vicoden or fentanyl. There was a time when I took 15 pills a day.

Ronda,

You are such an amazing woman no matter how many medications you have to take to make it through a day.

Warm Hugs,

Kara
            Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
            http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

Look at it this way. If the Elmiron works you might be able to stop some of the other meds.
              I agree with the others. You are not taking more than a lot of people.

Ginny

Comment

Medication list

Medication list:

Depakote ER
                Naproxen DR
                Flexeril
                Lyrica
                Dicyclomine
                Amitriptyline
                Cymbalta
                Roxicet
                Interstitial Cystitis(Interstim Therapy)
                IBS
                Fibromyalgia
                Pseudotumor cerebri
                Type 2 Diabetes

Comment

my meds list:

Elmiron
                  Elavil
                  Celebrex
                  Lyrica
                  Pyridium
                  Vicodin
                  Rhinocort
                  Zantac 75
                  Cysta Q
                  Digestive Advantage for IBS
                  Prelief
                  Beano
                  Gas X
                  Work like you don't need money,

Love like you've never been hurt,

and dance like no one is watching

Comment

Originally posted by leelee88 View Post
                    I didnt know exactly where to put this, but I feel like I am taking so many drugs. Would you all please put down all the drugs you are taking so I dont feel so alone..LOL.. I am on Cymbalta, Enablex, Ulmar-T, Topamax, Pain meds<when I can get them and Birth Control..and High Blood Pressure Medicine.

But I really want to add Elmiron and Hydrozine<sp to the mix but dang thats alot of meds...All these meds scares me to death...

Thanks Ronda
                    Ronda,

I'm taking:

Seasonique
                    Lexapro
                    Elmiron
                    Atarax (Hydroxine)
                    Ultram (as needed, try to limit to 2-3 days/week)
                    Valium if needed (don't really take it.. maybe 5 times in the last 3 months)

I will be starting Topomax soon...

I hate taking meds (I was on BCP only before all this IC crap).
                    [SIZE="1"][B]Be well, Alyssa :hi:[/B]

[

Comment

Listed in order of importance:

Hydroxyzine (couldn't live w/o it for preventing flares)
                      Kadian & Morphine (even though they don't work well, pain control is a must)
                      Valium (best after trying 5 different muscle relaxers)
                      Estrogen
                      Thyroid
                      Lyrica
                      8/2007 - My constant bladder pain is now gone due to a surgery where the ilioinguinal and iliohypogastic nerves were cut. I still have IC symptoms but they are improving. It's still early to say, but I believe this solution will work permanently for me.

Symptoms since 2005 - 24/7 abdominal pain, cold sweats, low back pain, vulv, etc.
                      Surgeries: Spinal Fusion L4-L5-S1 10/97, Anterior spinal fusion L5-S1 9/05, Lap for Cysts, Endo 9/06, Hysterectomy kept cervix 12/06
                      Meds: Morphine, Neurontin, Valium, Hydroxyzine, Vivelle Estrogen, Thyroid,
                      Exercise & PT: All at least 4 times a week
                      Whirlpool baths, Moist heat, Treadmill, Stretching, Trigger point, Yoga Positions; Ab & Pelvic Massage

Comment

Wow - I enjoyed reading everyone's post about the number of meds.

Wherever I go, I take my medicine "bag" with me - it is roughly the size of a briefcase! Inside are my daily meds, rescue meds, a TENS unit, etc.

My husband will always joke with me that if we were on a ship that was going down, I would think twice about saving him or the briefcase - and after careful consideration, the briefcase would win!

Hugs to All,
                        BETH
                        IC diagnosis 1999
                        Meds: Elmiron
                        hydroxyzine hcl
                        DMSO as needed
                        valium as needed
                        librax 3x day

TENS therapy

Thanks to all on the boards - YOU have helped more than I can say!

A person's true wealth is the good he or she does in the world.

Comment

I take Elmiron, Vicoprofen, and Omeprazole.

I was taking Detrol LA which was awlful because it was easily for me to get heat stroke, just a few minutes I could stay out in extreme heat. Since I have been taking Vicoprofen more often I was able to get off of Detrol LA, which I am so happy about.

People worry about me getting addicted to it but I worried about falling over dead with a heat stroke, it was that bad. I was not able to enjoy summer days at all.

I know Vicoprofen is not good because of the ibuprofen in it and it can irritate the bladder but so far I am going ok with in. It definitely is not as bad as Detrol.

I tried Vicodin which it don't have the ibuprofen in it and it gives me a major headache and it doesn't help me as well as the Vicoprofen. WEIRD.

Take care, Trishann

Comment

Originally posted by Bethrlk View Post
                            My husband will always joke with me that if we were on a ship that was going down, I would think twice about saving him or the briefcase - and after careful consideration, the briefcase would win!
                            Beth, You are hilarious!
                            [SIZE="1"][B]Be well, Alyssa :hi:[/B]

[

Comment

Thanl so much for all of you sharing this with me...and everyone else ..
                              Hugs
                              Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
                              http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
                              http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
                              Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
                              Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
                              Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
                              Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Hi Born2swim,

It's TRUE!!!!!!!!! (-;

Beth
                                IC diagnosis 1999
                                Meds: Elmiron
                                hydroxyzine hcl
                                DMSO as needed
                                valium as needed
                                librax 3x day

TENS therapy

Thanks to all on the boards - YOU have helped more than I can say!

A person's true wealth is the good he or she does in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X