• Bethrlk
    replied
    Hi Born2swim,

It's TRUE!!!!!!!!! (-;

Beth

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Thanl so much for all of you sharing this with me...and everyone else ..

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Originally posted by Bethrlk View Post
    My husband will always joke with me that if we were on a ship that was going down, I would think twice about saving him or the briefcase - and after careful consideration, the briefcase would win!
    Beth, You are hilarious!

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    I take Elmiron, Vicoprofen, and Omeprazole.

I was taking Detrol LA which was awlful because it was easily for me to get heat stroke, just a few minutes I could stay out in extreme heat. Since I have been taking Vicoprofen more often I was able to get off of Detrol LA, which I am so happy about.

People worry about me getting addicted to it but I worried about falling over dead with a heat stroke, it was that bad. I was not able to enjoy summer days at all.

I know Vicoprofen is not good because of the ibuprofen in it and it can irritate the bladder but so far I am going ok with in. It definitely is not as bad as Detrol.

I tried Vicodin which it don't have the ibuprofen in it and it gives me a major headache and it doesn't help me as well as the Vicoprofen. WEIRD.

Take care, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Bethrlk
    replied
    Wow - I enjoyed reading everyone's post about the number of meds.

Wherever I go, I take my medicine "bag" with me - it is roughly the size of a briefcase! Inside are my daily meds, rescue meds, a TENS unit, etc.

My husband will always joke with me that if we were on a ship that was going down, I would think twice about saving him or the briefcase - and after careful consideration, the briefcase would win!

Hugs to All,
    BETH

Leave a comment:

• CarolinTexas
    replied
    Listed in order of importance:

Hydroxyzine (couldn't live w/o it for preventing flares)
    Kadian & Morphine (even though they don't work well, pain control is a must)
    Valium (best after trying 5 different muscle relaxers)
    Estrogen
    Thyroid
    Lyrica

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Originally posted by leelee88 View Post
    I didnt know exactly where to put this, but I feel like I am taking so many drugs. Would you all please put down all the drugs you are taking so I dont feel so alone..LOL.. I am on Cymbalta, Enablex, Ulmar-T, Topamax, Pain meds<when I can get them and Birth Control..and High Blood Pressure Medicine.

But I really want to add Elmiron and Hydrozine<sp to the mix but dang thats alot of meds...All these meds scares me to death...

Thanks Ronda
    Ronda,

I'm taking:

Seasonique
    Lexapro
    Elmiron
    Atarax (Hydroxine)
    Ultram (as needed, try to limit to 2-3 days/week)
    Valium if needed (don't really take it.. maybe 5 times in the last 3 months)

I will be starting Topomax soon...

I hate taking meds (I was on BCP only before all this IC crap).

Leave a comment:

• Stacey65
    replied
    my meds list:

Elmiron
    Elavil
    Celebrex
    Lyrica
    Pyridium
    Vicodin
    Rhinocort
    Zantac 75
    Cysta Q
    Digestive Advantage for IBS
    Prelief
    Beano
    Gas X

Leave a comment:

• jensue973
    replied
    Medication list

Medication list:

Depakote ER
    Naproxen DR
    Flexeril
    Lyrica
    Dicyclomine
    Amitriptyline
    Cymbalta
    Roxicet

Leave a comment:

• Ginny
    replied
    Look at it this way. If the Elmiron works you might be able to stop some of the other meds.
    I agree with the others. You are not taking more than a lot of people.

Ginny

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    I take Lyrica for nerve pain and Ambien for sleep. These are my two constant medications that don't change. On a as needed basis I take vicoden or fentanyl. There was a time when I took 15 pills a day.

Ronda,

You are such an amazing woman no matter how many medications you have to take to make it through a day.

Warm Hugs,

Kara

Leave a comment:

• Shana1234
    replied
    These are the meds I'm on, but I think I'm getting off Yasmin birth control because I have a feeling the drsp in it is causing my flares.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Thanks all of you, When I go see my new URO I am going to see if she will start me on Elmiron..

Leave a comment:

• aprilmae
    replied
    Ronda,

Lets see, BC, Wellbutrin, Neurontin, Elmiron, Maxalt as needed, Phenergan as needed, Benadryl as needed.

Here is my philosophy, I would not want to take another pill but if it has a chance of helping me like Elmiron(and you know my initial hesitation regarding that drug) give it a try. As the new doc told me - you may be one of the ones that it helps and heck if it does why not!!!!

Leave a comment:

• sandymarie
    replied
    how many meds

hey girl,

Be happy. I don't have time to list meds., however I do have you beat by a long shot. Take care and take those meds. You are certainly not alone.

J.J.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X