X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• born2swim
    replied
    Originally posted by jen74 View Post
    Do you think that BC pills could be the cause of IC in some people since it does mess with the hormones?
    Jen

Honestly, I don't think it can cause IC (watch in 10 years doctors find out that it does). I take BCP to control my hormones... without it my hormones would be all over the place, my periods would be spastic (abnormal and heavy and frequent and extremely painful), and on top of that it is shown to reduce the occurence of ovarian cancer in older women (pre-menopausal obviously). Since my mom died from ovarian cancer, my periods were killing me, I had terrible acne, etc, I went on BCP over 7 years ago. They are my lifesavor!

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    I take ortho cyclen and I get bloating and breast tenderness. I am switching to a different pill at my next annual. I am very dissatisfied with this pill.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Jen,
    I take continious birthcontrol and I know it helps because it keeps my hormones level...

Ronda

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Do you think that BC pills could be the cause of IC in some people since it does mess with the hormones?
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• bunnykinb
    replied
    Even though a woman is on bc, can the week prior to the period still have breast swelling and tenderness?

Leave a comment:

• dckos
    replied
    I had been taking Loesterin Fe for years but just found out there is a generic at a huge savings so I switched to that. I have not noticed an increase in symptoms with either one. I take it continously, no peroids at all and have been that way for years. I had no problems switching from the brand name to the generic either.

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    I'm on Seasonique (a 3 month cycle) and that doesn't affect me at all. It actually made my last period more manageable. I was on Ortho-tri-cyclin for 7 years and my periods were wonderful (completely pain free... and the pain before them were debilitating... endo was in their minds). The period pain came back with my urinary symptoms (frequency/urgency) and so they think it is IC and endo. I'm on Seasonique and feel better period wise and don't notice anything worse IC wise. Sorry I can't speak for the one you are being suggested.

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    started a topic Is anyone here taking BC pills??

Is anyone here taking BC pills??

I was just curious if anyone here is taking bc Pills? My gyne wants me to start Loestrin Fe and I am so worried it will make my IC worse or my GI motility worse. Anyone else here take loestrin fe and if so, does it worsen your IC?
    Jen
Working...
X