Why no flaring when sick???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no flaring when sick???

If I can get the answer to this question, my bladder flares might get under control someday. But then I think about how nobody has been able to bottle the mystery behind why so many of us stop flaring while pregnant (which I've never been).

Still, I am DYING to know exactly what is going on, here. I have had a flu virus for 3 weeks. It's a hanger-on virus that started with fever and body aches, then just became a lingering sore throat.

AND MY BLADDER HAS NOT FLARED IN OVER 7 DAYS.

I'm still getting nerve pain and migraines, but who cares when you can eat theater popcorn, spagetti, or strawberry crepes without a rescue instill and 2 days in bed????

SOMEONE, ANYONE, PLEASE explain why I stop flaring when I'm sick!?!

It would be mean/expensive to go through a string of pregnancy/abortion / pregnancy/abortion to avoid bladder flares, but having the flu all the time would be worth it to me.
    Exposure to an unclean hot tub 2-17-07 FIRST UTI
    (Got ringworm-like sores from it before)
    (Someone else got what looked like 'eye herpes')
    (My husband got an ear infection. We were all just sitting there!)
    SYMPTOMS: Severe Urgency/Frequency for 18 months, food sensitivity, widespread nerve pains (random and everywhere), deep bladder pain that developed into flares at 4 months. Completely unreasonable diet sensitivity.
    TESTS: Nothing showed in urine cultures, CT scan, Cystoscopy, Lumbar puncture, back and brain MRIs, EMG tests.
    Hydrodistension Surgery/Biopsy showed minor glomerulations, inflammatory and mast cells, and a rare eosinophil. Blood tests show elevated ANA.
    CONFUSED: My hands and feet started falling asleep. I got twitching nerves or muscles everywhere. I started having concentration and memory problems, vision problems, then fatigue and chronic migraines. Fibromyalgia diagnosed, SSDI disability awarded at 4 years, then gone at 7 years. Won the appeal. IBS and esophagus spasms at 6 years.
    MEDICATIONS: Marcaine/Heparin/Sodium Bicarb instills, Lyrica, Nortriptyline, Uribel. Paxil and Trazadone from before. Painkillers as needed. Supplements include CystoProtek, DH Aloe, Colostrum.
    PREVIOUS CONDITIONS: Sudden onset of double vision, Paxil Discontinuation Syndrome, PTSD

The times I have been hospitlized for IC I have been pregnate, not everone gets relief while pregnate. I wouldn't recomend that route.

I flare everytime I get nayother kind of bug.

We all just different.

Who know we would be rich if we had these answers.
    My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Working...
    X