Gravol seems to reduce my frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravol seems to reduce my frequency

Every once in a while I take some gravol because it helps me to sleep, and I had wondered if my frequency was less the next day. I took 50 mg last night, doctor said it was fine to do, and even though I just stopped taking vesicare my bladder feels much better now.

Interesting and welcomed side effect.

Gravol is an antihistamine, which is known to help people with IC.

Hydroxizine and zertc etc are all antihistamines, so it is no surprise gravol has helpped you.

I don't know if you are going to take an antihistamine on a regular basis if this is your best choice or not.

Hydroxizine helpped me lots but it also caused me retention.

You should discuss this with your Dr.
    My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Atarax?

Mothergoose, can you please tell me if the atarax reduced your frequency? That is my biggest concern.

The doctor recommended the gravol, but for my sleep disturbance not for my bladder.

Thanks,

Comment

Atarax caused me to have retention, so I could not take it. I do think it helpped my bladder feel better to begin with, but after a bit the pain from having retention kicked in and I flet like I had to go all the time.

I would give it a try I can't say enough how everyone reacts differently to medications, I have problems with bladder function so lots of meds cause me retetention.

Talk to you Dr. about this I would not just go buy an OTC and self treat, your Dr. will have a better idea if it will help you or not.
        My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Working...
        X