Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jellyfish
    replied
    Hi Sharyn, thanks for your reply. You are lucky that those things work for you. I can't take any of the "azapam" family as I have a hypersensitive/allergic reaction to it. Alcohol is about the worst thing for me. I can't even have a few sips without a severe reaction and unfortunately the Prelief provides no benefit at all. The Valium cream will be ready for me in a few days so I am hoping that will help with the pain. I am being charged $55 for 10 doses of 5mg so I won't be able to use it every day at that price. Tomorrow I have an indwelling catheter put in which will stay in long-term if it helps.

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn
    replied
    Valium

I take 5 mg of Lorazapam, which is like Valium. I take it in the morning and have no trouble with it. It helps with anxiety which many of us suffer from. I think anything in a smal dosage is ok. I tried some wine last night, but drink it with dinner or more food. I also take Prelief when I am going to eat or drink something that might be bothersome.

Leave a comment:

• jellyfish
    replied
    Thanks Mothergoose for all the information. It was very helpful. I have since contacted a compounding chemist here and they are going to find out how to make it up for me. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    It has to be compounded, you can't just go in and buy them, the pharmacy needs to make them for you. In Canada as well.

You could probably order them with a Rx from your Dr. but I would assume they would be really expensive.

I don't know about where everyone else gets them, but at least where I get them I am not sure they could even ship them too you.

The ones I get come individually wrapped in tinfoil, and in a glass jar, I was told I had to keep them in a glass jar, and to keep them cool, they are designed to melt at 37 Celsius or 98.6 fer. They also said they are best used in I think 4 mons.

You could ask others if this is their experience maybe other pharmacies make them differently.

When I got mine they had to call to some place to fine out how to make them as they had never made them before.

The first time I got it the pharmacy (a different one) looked into it he said to make sup would be really expensive but said he could make it in a cream, this comes in a tube with an applicator, it worked just as well, just a little messier, but I usually use at night anyways so I just wore a lite day pad. But these don't melt, don't have to be kept in glass and had no expire date on them, or at least not mons.

PM me if you want the name of this pharmacy, for them you need to get your Dr. to fax them the RX from their office, and then you have to send them the actual copy of the RX, then they will make it and mail it out, I am sure you can get it sent express mail.

Ask others what theirs are like or if you can find a compounding pharmacy where you live.

I am going to be away so I will PM you the web site for the pharmacy that made the cream in case you want to go that route.

Also oral Valium doesn't wire me or anything but I can't sleep with it either, it makes me dream really wild dreams and wake often, feel really tired the next day, the VV doesn't do this to me, it doesn't make me sleep, but it doesn't make me not sleep, so you may just get a different reaction or I should say no reaction. VV is not supposed to go throughout your system, it is supposed to only work in the pelvis area.

MG

Leave a comment:

• jellyfish
    replied
    I only take Valium occasionally because it causes a terrible feeling of panic in me the next day if I have them regularly (my doctor says she has several patients with the same hyper-sensitive reaction). The Valium does help with the pain and also helps with sleeping more deeply and so waking up less to go to the toilet. I was interested to read that in the US you have access to a suppository Valium which I wanted to try given my reaction to the oral version. I thought the suppository might not creat the same side effect. The pharmacist looked it up and said it was only available orally or by injection in Australia. Do you need a prescription to get it in the US? I was wondering if I could buy some from a mail-order pharmacy.

Leave a comment:

• skybluesoul
    replied
    Yes, I have used it both in suppository and pill form, and found it to be very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Hannah13
    replied
    Dr. Moldwin put me on Valium. Tiny dose and hugely helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    Sorry I should have wrote VV was vaginal valium I am just too lazy to write it all out.

MG

Leave a comment:

• Daisy1211
    replied
    haha well now I know what VV means, I been confused reading it all over! Thanks! This is good to know about.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    There is lots of posts here about VV you should read some of them and ask your Dr. about rxing it for you. It does have to be compounded made at a compounding pharamacy.

MG

Leave a comment:

• Daisy1211
    replied
    No, I take it orally... I didnt know I could do that, I wonder why they didnt have me take it that way instead since its for pelvic. =/ Sounds safer... Im not a fan of this stuff overall.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I forgot to say if you take Valium as a vaginal suppository, it is supposed to stay in the pelvic area and not go through your system, so if you are taking it to reduce bladder spasms this may be an option for you.

When I picked up my VV I for sure was not told not to drink, i don't drink anyways my bladder doesn't like alcohol, but the pharmacist doesn't know that.

MG

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I would do ask my pharmacist about this, and the prescribing Dr. about this.

Does the bottle have a no alcohol sticker on it, if you can't drink at all it should have a sticker on the bottle saying so.

I would not drink when I first started on the Valium, but after a while and I am sure the length of time is different for everyone you be able to have the odd drink after your body adjust to the Valium.

Remember everyone and their tolerances are different, so in time you may be able too I don't know what will happen to you.

Good luck MG

Leave a comment:

• Daisy1211
    replied
    Ok... thank you! I wont take any chances.

Leave a comment:

• Pammylynn8
    replied
    I have been taking Klonopin for 7 years, 1 mg a day. The same type of medicine as Valium.. benzo. It is really important not to drink alcohol with it. It interacts and can make you really drunk with little. I think it can also lead to depression when you mix the two. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X