Adalimumab for autoimmune disease to treat IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adalimumab for autoimmune disease to treat IC

Dr Philip C. Bosch, MD believes that IC is an autoimmune disease, which is effecting the bladder. Adalimumab is an FDA approved biological medication which selectively heals autoimmune diseases.

He is seekign patients to participate in this study in southern CA. I am wondering if anyone has heard of this Dr or this drug and its side effects.

If anyone has any information or would like to participate in the study please email me or call me.

[email protected]
    303-332-8057
    Crystal

Diagnosed 2/2011
    30 years old

Current Treatment:
    Elmiron
    Antihistamine
    Quercetin
    Aloe Leaf
    N-Acetyl Glucosamine
    Pribiotic
    Yoga
    Meditation
    Leap Diet (based on MRT food sensitivity test)
    IC Diet
    Prayer!

Planning to try:
    Colostrum

The drugs marketed name is Humira and it has been on the market since 2002 to treat arthritis.
    Crystal

Diagnosed 2/2011
    30 years old

Current Treatment:
    Elmiron
    Antihistamine
    Quercetin
    Aloe Leaf
    N-Acetyl Glucosamine
    Pribiotic
    Yoga
    Meditation
    Leap Diet (based on MRT food sensitivity test)
    IC Diet
    Prayer!

Planning to try:
    Colostrum

Comment

I saw this at clinicaltrials.gov and emailed them. I live in NJ and traveling to California every 2 weeks is not an option but Dr. Bosch said that if the study is successful that he wants to conduct more on a nationwide level. I was very impressed that he took the time to write me back.

In the meantime I'm researching this drug and plan to speak with my doctor about it and the study.

Comment

Humira experience

I just read about it in the I.C.A Feb. magazine. It sounds fantastic and I would like to try it. Has anyone else tried it? I called my doctor this morning to ask for a Rx. He is pretty conservative so am not sure if he will prescribe it.
        Arizonian

Comment

It sounds great. However, I hear it supresses your immune system making it harder for your body to fight off infections it also increase the risk of certain cancers . Otherwise, I would probably enroll in the trial.
          Diagnosed with IC October 2009- through bladder biopsy (no glomerations or hunners ulcers found, just irritation)

I have moderate-severe IC

Currently stopped taking all medications due to pregnancy

Comment

I think this is another name for humira.
            Frequency/Urgency, Mild Pain, Spasms, Pressure

I have tried:
            Bladder Spasm medications and antidepressants - all cause mydriasis
            Antihistimine - Mydriasis
            Cyclosporine - side effects
            Elmiron - side effects
            Interstim
            Botox - can't pee but need to all the time
            Mild Hyrdo
            My 11 year old german shepherd taken away because I am no longer able to care for him. Feeling yet another failure.

I am trying:
            Omega 3
            IC and anti oxalate diet but staying on Cystoprotek
            Acacia Fiber (helping some)
            Hugs and Kisses from my German Shepherd

Comment

Humira WORKED FOR ME!!!

I participated in and completed Dr. Bosch's Humira study. Prior to joining the study I had been diagnosed with severe IC, no medication besides pain medication was easing my pain and I had considered having to quit work and go on disability. All I know is that Humira WORKED for me! I wish I could scream it from the rooftops!! I went from an 8 on a pain scale to a 2 by the end of the study, I finally felt like I was getting my life back. Unfortunately, after the study my IC slowly crept back to being as severe as it was before.

I have tried several different avenues to obtain Humira, but so far have been unsuccessful. I pray that Abbott takes this study seriously and extends the drug to IC patients. As for the side effects, as it is I have NO life so I am willing to take the risks.

It worked for me and it could for you. Start spreading the word, talk to you doctor, reach out to Abbott, just get the word out there that this could be a huge step for those of us suffering with IC.

Comment

So happy for you that you found something that worked! I hope there is some way for you to have it again. Thank you for letting us know that it worked for you... I've had IC for 9 years now & sometimes I wonder if I will have it my whole life. It would be amazing if a really effective treatment were found and we could all have years of remission!!!
                Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                Source - Pinterest
                "

Current treatments:
                -IC diet
                -Elavil 50mg at night
                -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                -Pyridium if needed,
                -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                -Managing stress= VERY important!
                -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Working...
                X