Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kadi
    replied
    So happy for you that you found something that worked! I hope there is some way for you to have it again. Thank you for letting us know that it worked for you... I've had IC for 9 years now & sometimes I wonder if I will have it my whole life. It would be amazing if a really effective treatment were found and we could all have years of remission!!!

Leave a comment:

• ktconn
    replied
    Humira WORKED FOR ME!!!

I participated in and completed Dr. Bosch's Humira study. Prior to joining the study I had been diagnosed with severe IC, no medication besides pain medication was easing my pain and I had considered having to quit work and go on disability. All I know is that Humira WORKED for me! I wish I could scream it from the rooftops!! I went from an 8 on a pain scale to a 2 by the end of the study, I finally felt like I was getting my life back. Unfortunately, after the study my IC slowly crept back to being as severe as it was before.

I have tried several different avenues to obtain Humira, but so far have been unsuccessful. I pray that Abbott takes this study seriously and extends the drug to IC patients. As for the side effects, as it is I have NO life so I am willing to take the risks.

It worked for me and it could for you. Start spreading the word, talk to you doctor, reach out to Abbott, just get the word out there that this could be a huge step for those of us suffering with IC.

Leave a comment:

• Natty
    replied
    I think this is another name for humira.

Leave a comment:

• needsrelief
    replied
    It sounds great. However, I hear it supresses your immune system making it harder for your body to fight off infections it also increase the risk of certain cancers . Otherwise, I would probably enroll in the trial.

Leave a comment:

• Arizonian
    replied
    Humira experience

I just read about it in the I.C.A Feb. magazine. It sounds fantastic and I would like to try it. Has anyone else tried it? I called my doctor this morning to ask for a Rx. He is pretty conservative so am not sure if he will prescribe it.

Leave a comment:

• krs72
    replied
    I saw this at clinicaltrials.gov and emailed them. I live in NJ and traveling to California every 2 weeks is not an option but Dr. Bosch said that if the study is successful that he wants to conduct more on a nationwide level. I was very impressed that he took the time to write me back.

In the meantime I'm researching this drug and plan to speak with my doctor about it and the study.

Leave a comment:

• Crystal30
    replied
    The drugs marketed name is Humira and it has been on the market since 2002 to treat arthritis.

Leave a comment:

• Crystal30
    started a topic Adalimumab for autoimmune disease to treat IC

Adalimumab for autoimmune disease to treat IC

Dr Philip C. Bosch, MD believes that IC is an autoimmune disease, which is effecting the bladder. Adalimumab is an FDA approved biological medication which selectively heals autoimmune diseases.

He is seekign patients to participate in this study in southern CA. I am wondering if anyone has heard of this Dr or this drug and its side effects.

If anyone has any information or would like to participate in the study please email me or call me.

[email protected]
    303-332-8057
Working...
X