• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CBD Oil

Thanks Donna, did it

Comment

For those of us that also have migraines CBD oil can really help with that as well - and I’ve heard (from a physician) that adding a little THC in the mix can help with restlessness and sleep which is a problem for me in menopause. I’m definitely thinking about this.
      Catherine
      DX 2003 Interstim II implant 2005

Comment

I used to find medical marijuana products helpful, even ones with THC (i had a prescription)
        But now i either find they make me horribly ill or flare my bladder.
        Maybe its the type of product.
        Any help is appreciated, like if there is any certain mix or product i should look out for or ask if they have something similar, would really appreciate it.
        Have dealt with chronic pain and gerd/ibs since '98 endometriosis, vulvodynia diagnosed 2000, ic diagnosed around 2004, chronic epstein barr-like virus 2011
        Hysterectomy/oophorectomy 2014 endo had destroyed everything
        Now dealing with recurrence and menopause in late 30s
        Other things--migraines, chronic hives, eczema, raynauds, congenital scoliosis, broke 3 vertebrae in middle of back when i was 16, heart defect (ventrical septal defect)

Comment

Hi Stef, I might write the obvious so just ignore it. There are additives in many CBD products. Most producers of CBD use them and those additives caused me not only to flare but I had terrible heartburn too. So I switched to a different kind of CBD. It is how they extract it you need to watch and what oil they use to mix the extract with. I use now CBD+THC (I have a license too) natural flavor and mixed with olive oil. Because of my heartburn, I am using it together with some heartburn medication my doctor prescribed and I have no flares nor bladder pain so far. I have two bottles of plain CBD that I cannot use because of the additives and probably something else that made it impossible for me to use. There are CBD shops in the USA probably in Canada too, that let you try several strains of CBD before you buy it, I think that would be your best solution. Just try and try until you find the strain that is good for you.

Comment

Very true.
            I should remember that, that all products are different.
            Its just tough when you are trying to find something that will help with pain and then it causes you to feel icky or flare or something.
            Thank you for getting back to me.
            Have dealt with chronic pain and gerd/ibs since '98 endometriosis, vulvodynia diagnosed 2000, ic diagnosed around 2004, chronic epstein barr-like virus 2011
            Other things--migraines, chronic hives, eczema, raynauds, congenital scoliosis, broke 3 vertebrae in middle of back when i was 16, heart defect (ventrical septal defect)

Comment

This is a topic I have some experience with.

I live in Colorado and have been very active in the CBD/Hemp and marijuana industry here. I'm certainly no expert, but one of my motivating factors was to find a way to treat my chronic pain in a way that was legal, safe, and all the things you would hope for in ingesting plant material. I've worked personally with hemp growers and a CBD company. I've never been paid in this capacity. I did it to source good, quality hemp and CBD for myself and my family. I also ran a small business that used hemp and CBD as a raw ingredient (I have recently had to close my business due to my health struggles, but I remain optimistic the closure is temporary).

PLease be aware that the CBD industry is not FDA regulated. There are many companies out there producing CBD oil that is nothing more than fractionated coconut oil. Don't waste your money and use something that will not be helpful for you.

I'll try and watch this thread if anyone has any questions. I don't know a lot about IC yet, Im still new to this disease. But this is an area where I can try and be helpful to yall.

Questions to ask before purchasing CBD oil:

Do you trust this manufacturer?
              Are they in the US? Do they respond to your emails?
              Is their website clear and easy to read?
              Do they REFRAIN from making wild claims about CBD cures?
              Do they make data sheets available about the hemp they use and/or CBD oil they make?
              Where does the hemp come from that they use?
              What is the strength of the CBD oil?
              Is the CBD oil a full spectrum plant oil or an isolate blend?

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine9 View Post
                For those of us that also have migraines CBD oil can really help with that as well - and I’ve heard (from a physician) that adding a little THC in the mix can help with restlessness and sleep which is a problem for me in menopause. I’m definitely thinking about this.
                CBD is most effective for pain relief when it is mixed with THC. A lot of the journal articles I have read agree with me.
                If you are able to find it, you can get tinctures that are primarily CBD with a very small amount of THC mixed in. I have found them to be most helpful for muscle spasms. Make sure you know what the base of the tincture is, and if it is safe for your bladder. The tincture I take has a base of agave syrup, it is bladder safe and yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by stef000 View Post
                  I used to find medical marijuana products helpful, even ones with THC (i had a prescription)
                  But now i either find they make me horribly ill or flare my bladder.
                  Maybe its the type of product.
                  Any help is appreciated, like if there is any certain mix or product i should look out for or ask if they have something similar, would really appreciate it.
                  Hi Stef,
                  Ive had best result for bladder spasms with the simplest marijuana products I can find, primarily CBD with a small percentage of THC. I prefer the smallest percentage of THC that they make. Haha I want pain relief, but I don't really want to be stoned out.

I currently use a tincture in a base of agave syrup with CBD and THC. It's made by a company called Marqaha. They make a tincture with a high percentage of CBD and a small percentage of THC. Marqaha has a website, you can see the other blends they make with the agave base and see if any dispensaries in your area carry it. Ive never had a problem with it bothering my bladder and I take a full dropper dose.
                  Last edited by mjwalrus; 03-08-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sbright View Post
                    hmm well I guess it's pretty new and not a lot of people have tried it. I went ahead and ordered some from bluebird botanicals. Someone on the FB IC page suggested it. It wasn't too expensive so I guess I'll be the guinea pig and let you know how it works out.
                    Bluebird Botanicals is absolutely a company I would recommend and the company I use myself!

They have very high quality oil and I have met and worked with the owner of the company personally. They meet all my requirements for CBD oil.

It is high quality and priced very reasonably. I take it, my family members take it, and I give it to my dog who also has chronic pain issues.

Comment

Hi mjwalrus, can you tell me which version of the oil from bluebird botanicals you use for your IC?

Comment

Mjwalrus,
                        Thank you for your help.
                        Yeah not sure if they have any similar products here. There is a good dispensary a little ways away but i need to update my prescription for it since its a special dispensary, the other places just have random products that they get sorta thing.
                        Up here there are so many places to get products, i just need to buck up and try some things.
                        I don't have a credit card and am not in the US so i won't be able to get anything from the companies you have said.
                        But i am sure i can ask for similar products and such and just see how they are.
                        I used to smoke it a lot and then i tried other products and such but now it seems i am intolerant to a lot of the marijuana/cbd products. I do not know why that happened.
                        I do remember how it had stopped my nausea and i was able to eat whatever and it helped dull the pain to be able to do things during the day and to sleep.
                        Miss those days......
                        Anyway thanks for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcola View Post
                          Hi mjwalrus, can you tell me which version of the oil from bluebird botanicals you use for your IC?
                          I have used both the “Hemp Classic” and the “Hemp Classic 6x.” Id recommend staying away from the other blends as they have essential oils in them and could be irritating for the bladder. I’ve stayed with the classic versions and been ok.

If you are new to CBD I would recommend starting with the Hemp classic and slowly working up your dose. Maybe 3-4 drops per dose for a week or so, and then working up from there.

The dosage for CBD is highly variable per person. It depends on your tolerance for the CBD, how it affects your body and if you like what it does for you.

From what I have read, smaller doses of CBD tend to have more antispasmodic properties, and larger doses have more narcotic like properties.

From my experience personally, I found smaller doses to be energizing and larger doses to be tranquilizing.

As you work up to your best dosage, you can switch to the hemp classic 6x. It is a 6 times concentrated formula and the price reflects that. If you are, for example, taking a full dropper of the hemp classic, you can switch to the hemp classic 6x, and take a few drops for the same effect.

I found my personal best dosage to be a few drops of the hemp classic 6x in the morning, working up to a full dropper of the 6x at night to help me sleep without waking up all night to pee. I used as needed during the day as a rescue treatment for muscle spasms.

A few tips:
                          -Hemp CBD tastes super gross! Don’t expect it to be sweet or pleasent. It’s medicine.
                          -Don’t add it to a drink. Just take it on a cracker or a small piece of bread or in the back of your throat. It’s an oil so it will float in liquid and you’ll waste it by adding it to a drink.
                          -Don’t expect miracles with CBD. It’s a tool, just like your other meds. It’s no cure, and it does not solve my pain. But it does alleviate some mild to moderate muscle spasming, which helps calm my bladder. It’s a great thing to have in my arsenal as a first line of treatment with my heating pad when things get tough.
                          -Hemp CBD is expensive and may take time to work. It is absolutely the most expensive supplement I have ever taken. BUT, it’s been absolutely worth it. I can’t afford it sometimes and I am sad when I don’t have it. It may take time to build in your body and for your body to work with the CBD. Give it a good chance if you aren’t getting relief at first.

Good luck everyone. I truly enjoy being a CBD and hemp advocate, I’ve done it for many years and it makes me happy that even in my illness I can do it here. Thanks for giving me the opportunity.

HEMP HEMP HOORAY!

Comment

Originally posted by icnmgrjill View Post
                            I'm all for it and am actually looking for a hemp CBD oil that we can sell on the ICN. It's classified as a food product when made of hemp. Even target and walmart sell it online!

Jill
                            Hi Jill,
                            The company that I know and love so much, Bluebird Botanicals (discussed in this thread) offers wholesale and private labeling at reasonable rates.
                            You should join me next year at the Hemp Expo in Loveland CO! What a crazy fun time! So many free CBD samples I was floating out of there at the end of the day. Haha

Edited to add, I can also recommend a design company that specializes in women owned companies in the CBD/marijuana industry that would direct you in the labeling requirements.
                            Last edited by mjwalrus; 03-08-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much for the information mjwalrus. I am going to give it a try. I don’t think I can find or use a CBD oil with THC in it here in Florida, but the CBD oil made from hemp is something I can try and your information on dosage is super helpful. New tools and treatments in aiding ic are so important Thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by Tcola View Post
                                Thank you so much for the information mjwalrus. I am going to give it a try. I don’t think I can find or use a CBD oil with THC in it here in Florida, but the CBD oil made from hemp is something I can try and your information on dosage is super helpful. New tools and treatments in aiding ic are so important Thank you so much
                                It is absolutely my pleasure!
                                You should re-evaluate your search for CBD with THC in Florida. With the last election cycle, Florida has legalized medical marijuana. You could very well be able to obtain the THC versions of CBD with a legal prescription. I don’t know if it will be easy or inexpensive. When I held a green card it was a long process of getting the prescription to finally buying the medication I needed. It was also somewhat costly paying the fees, the doctor, and then the dispensary. Unfortunately medical marijuana isn’t covered by Medicaid or insurance. It really irks me that the federal government is limiting access to much needed narcotic meds while also limiting access to medical marijuana to only those who can afford it. Most people with chronic pain can’t afford the fees and cost of medical marijuana because they are disabled! Anyway, that’s another conversation altogether.

I’d recommend looking into the CBD oil for immediate relief, and starting the process of applying for your green card in Florida. At least in Colorado, getting the prescription at the clinic was not difficult. Once you are approved for the card, you see the weed doctor. Bring your medical records with you. There are doctors that advertise as only giving prescriptions for medical marijuana. I’ve never known anyone that has visited one that has been denied. I actually met a very nice group of ladies in the waiting room at my doctors office! There were there for renewals for arthritis, fibromyalgia and MS. It was not scary or weird at all.

Once you get your prescription you have a few options. You can visit a medical dispensary for your marijuana or you can designate a grower as your official provider. I would recommend starting with a dispensary first and trying a few different things to see what works best for you. There are more avenues for treatment with marijuana than you can imagine. Don’t give up experimenting with different treatments. It took along time before I found what worked for me.

Designating a grower as your provider is the least expensive route. Even less expensive than that is growing your own. I’ve found that by growing my own and making my own edibles, topical preparations and tinctures to be the best route for me. But I still visit dispensaries for a few things I can’t make myself.

If you have problems in Florida, my best advice is coming to Colorado, getting in touch with me, and we can go to Boulder. Haha

Good luck and big hugs in your journey. CBD and medical marijuana are in their infancy. We don’t even know their complete power of healing yet.

Stay in touch and let me know how things are going.

-MJ

Comment

Working...
                                X