Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBMom
    replied
    thanks, Donna - I thought of that too -- although the other brands I've taken have also been generic..... but good suggestion though my insurance probably won't cover it.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    It's possible for fillers with different brands of medications to be a problem. If you feel one is a problem, you might want to ask for the brand name, rather than the generic.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• SBMom
    started a topic can different brands of antibiotics set off a Flare

can different brands of antibiotics set off a Flare

The only antibiotic i've been able to tolerate for UTs (which I seldom get) is amoxicillin. I have always been given one that is red and yellow from pharmacies in Canada and the US. This time my doctor sent my prescription to Walgreens - the pills are obviously made by a different company - they are beige/brown. After taking 2 I started a huge IC Flare - worst I've had in years. I called my doctor's office and the PA told me there was no difference. She would not order from another pharmacy that has the brand I've always taken I think there is - probably with different additives. I managed to get rid of the UTI but now have to deal with the IC Flare. Has anyone else experienced a difference with different brands of amoxicillin ?
Working...
X