CBD Oil - Hemp or MMJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBD Oil - Hemp or MMJ

Hemp CBD oil is legal throughout the United States, classified as a food supplement and is available through national big box store websites like Target. Have you tried Hemp CBD? What was your experience? Can you recommend any brands?

Jill
    Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Re: CBD Oil - Hemp or MMJ

I used to use medical marijuana a lot.
    It helped my nausea and pains from ic and endo.
    I used to smoke it then i found some good pills that would help with pain but not any brain effects (not sure what was in them though)
    I also tried edibles. I know someone that i recommended the edibles to and it totally cured her pain, she would have a quarter of a cookie every so often throughout the day and no pain.
    I have tried cbd oil, a couple different ones and also creams. Unfortunately for whatever reason, i am just too sensitive to it. My body does not like any of the products anymore and one thing i have realized with creams, make sure it doesn't have an allergen in it since one i tried and immidiately starting burning and a red mark appeared.
    I can say when i was not sensitive to it, those products were a miracle to me, they helped pain and no side effects.
    Not like opiates where all you could do was sleep and get constipated.
    When i could take those products, i loved them.
    I think the chronic virus/menopause has made me sensitive to things more so thats what i am dealing with but i would definitely suggest to anyone try any of the products, hemp cbd oil or medical marijuana products whatever you can legally try and make sure all good with your doc but definitely try them.
    Have dealt with chronic pain and gerd/ibs since '98 endometriosis, vulvodynia diagnosed 2000, ic diagnosed around 2004, chronic epstein barr-like virus 2011
    Hysterectomy/oophorectomy 2014 endo had destroyed everything
    Now dealing with recurrence and menopause in late 30s
    Other things--migraines, chronic hives, eczema, raynauds, congenital scoliosis, broke 3 vertebrae in middle of back when i was 16, heart defect (ventrical septal defect)

Comment

I am 45 years old and was diagnosed with IC in early March. The pain was out of control until this past week. I went back to my urologist, husband in tow, this past Monday. I told her my quality of life was 0 and it is starting to affect my marriage & career. She proposed weekly bladder instillations, adding gabapentin and Uribel to my cocktail of meds (amitriptaline, ambien, elmiron, hydroxyzine and several supplements: Prelief, Desert Harvest Aloe Vera and Marshmallow Root as well as JuicePlus supplements). It took 3 days but this new treatment seems to be working. I also bought Charlotte's Web CBD oil and for the first time in decades, my anxiety is better. Literally, I put the CBD oil under my tongue for 90 seconds, swallowed it, and about 45 mins later, I could feel the anxiety leaving my body. It was amazing. I also believe it is helping with my pain. I bought the strongest bottle of CBD oil they make. It's expensive, but no pill has ever made me as relaxed and experience little to no stress as the CBD oil. I have an appt to see Dr. Evans on June 28 to get another opinion on my condition. Really looking forward to meeting him. I was also given the name of another doctor at the Cleveland Clinic named Dr Hadley Wood. Also someone with high marks. Cleveland Clinic, according to what I've read, is the 2nd best urology practice in the USA. I continue to keep all of you in my thoughts and sending healing energy to everyone!

Comment

Hi Jill, I haven't tried it yet but I'm planning on doing so soon. I think I will order the Charlotte's Web from Stanley Brothers as I liked their website and it looks like a quality product but I know so little about it. I will most definitely post back here and let everyone know if it helps and my experience with it. I've tried so many things in the past but was never successful and now my frequency and pain is getting worse as time goes by. I am ordering today!

Comment

Thank you so much for posting this thread, Jill. I have received my CBD Oil from CWhemp.com and will begin using it very slowly as I have proven to be super sensitive to oral medications and foods beginning in my late 20s, and now especially post menopause, causing IC symptoms.

I would be happy to share here the information passed on to me when I consulted with the Realm of Caring, an independent organization providing a free service for those individuals and families purchasing Charlotte's Web products grown and sold by the Stanley Brothers in Colorado. If that is alright with you, my post will include links about the product and dosing information pertinent to use for IC patients; it is pretty generic in that this is for medical use.

Appreciatively, and so hopeful that the use of CBD oil will either prevent or significantly reduce the intensity of debilitating flares.

Laura

Comment

Hi everybody. I have not participated for quite awhile because of my medical conditions and the depression I felt. In a previous thread, several months ago, I asked how IC sufferers reacted to CBD (Cannabis) and if women who participate in the threads here, do use it at all. There were hardly any replies. Probably because at the time I asked not all the States have legalized CBD. I have a permit to use Cannabis oil (meaning I get the CBD plus the THC) I tried the Cannabis oil and the CBD without the THC, from different suppliers and I was totally disappointed about my body's reaction to the stuff. I suffer from heartburn due to stomach problems. There are many medications I cannot use due to my bladder pain, it makes it worse. The CBD (both of them) also made my heartburn much worse. None of the doctors that I consulted with (a gastroenologist, a urologist, pain management doctors etc) could help because from their experience CBD plus THC or without it, help a lot with heartburn and painful bladder. But not me. I am unfortunately among the unique patients that this stuff has a contradictory influence on my conditions.

I wrote all the above in order to ask a question, I just heard there are CBD suppositories. Has anyone used them and can give me some idea if it helps with bladder pain? Jill, I think I will post this question, if I may, also as a new thread?

Comment

I use Charlotte’s Web-advanced. I take one dropper in the mornings and one at night. I do think it helps calm my bladder. It also helps me feel calm and helps take the edge off my anxiety.

The only side effect I have experienced is dry mouth.

I think even if my IC went away for ever I would still take the CBD for anxiety.

Comment

Just started on CBD oil (hemp), which is THC free, yesterday. IC pain - gone. Only 2 small doses of 4 drops each. And here I was using it to stop middle ear muscle spasms. I hadn't even thought about how it would affect my painful urinary tract issues. This is amazing and we don't even have to get high which by the way I really hated back in high school. I mean I'm a child of the 70s, all my friends were stoners. I hated it. So glad they have come up with a non hallucinogenic option.

Comment

BittersweetRain, you lucky woman, I do envy you. I cannot use CBD with or without THC, my stomach revolts I get heartburn and even pain in the bladder. Someone suggested massaging it into my lower abdomen, for now, it works not bad.

Comment

Funny I wasn't even looking for ic relief, it just dawned on me it didn't hurt to pee. I hope you can find your magic bullet, Betina. Keep looking.

P.S. have you used Pepcid for the heartburn? I also have GERD and take Pepcid twice a day.

Comment

Thank you BittersweetRain, I have been looking for my magic bullet for a very long time (too long). I sometimes feel like giving up.
                      I do take Famotidine which is a lower grade of the PPI's they give today for GERD and other problems. I could not live without it. I still
                      get heartburn very easily when I try eating sweet or fried or who know what food. So IC together with stomach problems is not an easy situation for me, but for now, I survive. Hopefully, you found your solution.

Comment

I sometimes have to supplement with Tums too. Prilosec was the bomb but too many concerning side effects so I went to Pepcid (Famotidine). And I'm also dealing with lot's of other issues. I'm a brain tumor survivor so I have to take anti-epileptic medication (which is when I started having UT pain). Also, Rosacea and Raynaud's. Add to that an inner ear muscle spasm called Tensor Tympani syndrom. Sigh . . . we carry on.

Comment

Thank you for sharing with me your struggle. I have cancer too, unfortunately, it is incurable but it is a slow-progressing blood cancer that no one can predict when or how things will develop. I had radiation which I agreed to have because of pressure from my oncologist. I should have refused but later I refused to any further treatment and now she agrees with me that we have to wait and monitor my situation and act only if and when things deteriorate. So, having IC and stomach problems and eye problems, I came to the conclusion that many of my health problems started with stress-related issues that slowly turned into severe illnesses. I now believe, after doing in-depth research, that most of these health issues are an autoimmune reaction of my body. Too much stress seems to kill you slowly. Sorry if I burdened you with my problems. Yes, we carry on.
                          Last edited by Betina; 08-29-2018, 07:22 AM. Reason: layout

Comment

No you are not burdening me with your problems. Here is a thought I had - I wonder if smoking marijuana would help you. I can't believe I am saying that - good little teatottaling Baptist that I am lol, but maybe it wouldn't affect your urinary tract if you got the health benefits that way. Just a thought.

Comment

Bittersweet.... what brand did you use....I might have missed that in your conversation.

Jill
                              Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X