No announcement yet.

CBD saved me (hemp or marijuana work!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CBD saved me (hemp or marijuana work!)

I'm always happy to hear that someone with IC is feeling good. I know that CBD is helping some people --- and that it's usually taken in small doses.

I do feel that if it is strong enough to help from only a few drops anyone considering it should talk with a medical professional to be sure it doesn't interact with other medications being taken. I think it's much better to be safe than sorry.

And please share what your physician or pharmacist says.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Some CBD oils only require a couple of drops. Some require a tincture full. It depends on the oil. Your prescriber or doctor or provider of the CBD oil can discuss with you what the dosage is. Making sure it doesn't interact with other medications is a good idea. That said, most doctors don't know how or if it interacts with other medications. So the information on that might be limited. You may have to do some of your own research. Considering I was able to get off most medications after going on CBD oil, I don't have to worry about too much interaction.

Comment

I bought hemp oil on amazon. It does have peppermint oil in it. We aren’t supposed to have peppermint are we?

Comment

I would guess that is ok. I ordered some from a place called lazarus naturals. There are alot of sellers of CBD oil out there. It is quite expensive. I found a website called marijunabreak where they ranked the top 25 brands of cbd oil. I choose the lazarus brand because it was by far the least expensive and there were alot of good reviews. They seem reputable. I have not received it yet. I will give an update after I receive it. I"m supposed to get it early next week.

Comment

I've never had CBD oil with peppermint in it, but peppermint is not supposed to be an issue for IC according to the things that I've read. We're allowed to have peppermint tea. Peppermint doesn't bother me, personally. Please keep in mind, that for every 10 bottles of CBD oil, only one or two is if any good quality. If you try this CBD oil and it doesn't work for you, don't give up... and try a different brand. Google top and most effective brands of CBD for inflammation and pain. Sometimes you have to buy directly from the manufacturer. Good luck!

Comment

I have a jar of the oil. I originally bought it for my back. How do you apply it for the bladder. As of yet it has not helped my back. I also have had diarrhea which can be a side effect.
              Sharyn

Comment

The oil that I use comes with a dropper and I take it orally. I understand they also make CBD where you can apply it topically, but for the bladder you have to take it orally. Good luck!

Comment

I was not aware of the liquid oil. I use the cream. Since I have a chronic back problem this is where I apply the cream. I have seen an improvement in the back and pelvic floor. I do seem to be tired and sleepy. Has anyone else experienced this. I have had a lot of stress this month and seem to be calmer. As I take several meds, I am reluctant to try the oral oil.
                  I also had an Elmiron injection on Friday. I plan on having the injections every 2 wks, I will discuss the options with the
                  Uro.
                  Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Yes, CBD oil is actually also prescribed for anxiety. My best friend is a therapist and she will often prescribe it rather than Pharmaceuticals. It has a calming effect but for some people it can make them tired. It actually makes me a little sleepy and tired too. But I will take that all day long over the pain that it has saved me from. Elmiron was actually the next medication that I was going to try. I had tried everything prior to elmiron. Even installations, being catheterized every week. I was afraid of elmiron based on the severe side effects that caused a lot of people. For some people it was a miracle drug... but for many others it was not. I thought trying to CBD oil was a less drastic and more holistic approach. That being said, when I would have a flare, you could have given me hard drugs and I probably would have taken them out of desperation. good luck with your elmiron and perhaps if you're not finding the results you're looking for, you'll give the CBD oil a try. I found when I did some intensive research, I found it to have no known side effects other than the sleepy and tired sensation. However, the list of side effects for elmiron are a mile long.

Comment

By the way, when you discuss your options with your urologist, they will know very little about CBD oil in relation to IC... or at all. All of my docs gave me blank stares. One even poo poo'ed the idea when I brought it up to him. Even when I told them how much it was helping me. Right after I finished telling them how much it was helping me they suggested I try more Pharmaceuticals. They're not going to be a wealth of knowledge when it comes to CBD oil. But they will all be experts on elmiron.

Comment

How do you take the oil. I use the topical cream. Sometimes I am very tired and also nauseous. Is this a side effect?
                        Sharyn

Comment

Nausea is not one of the listed side effects of CBD. However sleepiness or tiredness is for some people. I take the oil by mouth, drops of it. Each CBD oil has a listing of how much to take. For example, the one I take allows me four drops in the morning 4 in the afternoon and 4 at night. But they're all different because they are different strengths so you will have to start small and work your way up until you have relief. Perhaps two drops in the morning and 2 at night. There's one CBD oil that I tried it was weaker and he had to take a whole tincture dropper full. That was the dosage. Remember to read the instructions on them or call the manufacturer to see what their suggestions are.

Comment

I want to buy this CBD oil. You say look for a strong based CBD oil. Will it be in percentages or what should I look for?

Comment

Hi there! It's not really percentages but it will have milligram dosages. For example, one of the brands that I have used has a 500 mg, a thousand mg, and 2000 mg dosage. I always go for the highest one and it is always the most expensive one. But it works better and it will last longer.

Comment

Thanks so much. I noticed a store opened up near our home. I'll check it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X