No announcement yet.

CBD saved me (hemp or marijuana work!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CBD saved me (hemp or marijuana work!)

not sure if we are supposed to mention brands, but I picked some up from a place called lazarus naturals online. They have some very good prices and seem legitimate because their products are 3rd party certified. I"ve been using it about a week now. I"m only taking a 15mg serving per day. I'm not sure if I'm getting relief or not yet. The first time I took it, I really thought I felt lower pain within 5 minutes but then a few hours later my pain was definitely back like normal. So maybe things take time. I had a really good day today.

Comment

I'm glad you found something that worked for you. I wasn't wanting to mention brands because I think people need to do research for themselves. 15 mg seems a very light dosage. I take much much higher doses. That's also why I hesitate to mention dosage amounts because I'm afraid people will buy a particular brand, at a particular dosage, and if it doesn't work for them, they think it's something that doesn't work. CBD is something that needs to be explored and the correct dosage needs to be found and the right brand that you respond to needs to be found. I don't want to be recommending particular Brands either because I'm always cautious when people do if it's authentic or if it's trying to sell a product. This isn't a one-and-done search. Again, I'm so glad you found something that worked for you. I think it's been pretty much a miracle for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Jppow17 View Post
        I was wondering how you take the oil. Is it topical or do you swallow it? I have PFD pretty bad. Not so much bladder pain anymore but the PFD is pretty constant. I would love it if something could relax those muscles or give me relief from discomfort.
        Hi JOPOW,
        Im just reading posts & ran across your comment. I’m so sorry you’re having chronic PFD. I never really had much of that but notice over the years that it’s getting worse. My theory is the muscles reacting to initial pain/inflammation. Like back muscle spasms that just aggravate.
        Anyhow, I’ve been using a Tens unit for years now during massive flares. My OG Dr prescribed it. Many pain Drs say it interrupts nerve signals therefore disrupting the pain signal. I don’t notice that with the bladder infection-like pain a ton, a little which is good better than none, BUT it does help a lot with the muscle pain & spasms. For me it will help calm them down or at least just feel better while using it. Maybe something to look into.
        -Diagnosed 2003
        -Currently taking: 3 elmiron in morning and 3 at night on empty stomach, Percocet as needed, valium as needed for spasms, a TENS unit around the clock during flares.

Tried instillations of elmiron, DMSO, prelief, antidepressants, pygidium, raw vegan, juice cleanse, every diet one can name, hot baths (make me worse), and all the cranberry juice in town but none of these worked for me. For me, diet only impacts my pain if I'm having a bad flare or off of Elmiron, much like drinking alcohol while having a stomach ulcer would hurt.

love, light, health -Shelley

Comment

I use Charlotte’s Web CBD oil. It has less than .3% THC so it’s not considered marijuana . I have flown with it in my checked luggage since the bottle is more than 3oz. I always bring the box it came in that says it’s hemp oil with less than .3% THC.

There was even a vendor selling CDB oil at the Denver airport so I think you must be able to fly with it in the US. .

Comment

Hello,

I read all your posts and I really want to try CBD oil.
            Is there anyone here who could help me with the dosage/posology ? How much "mg" did you take per day to begin?

I live in France and medical marijuana is not legal but we can use CBD oil with 0% of THC.

Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

I just want to mention, I don't take a huge dose. I take 15mg each morning. I must say I don't think it is helping me. If it is, it is very minor. Maybe I need to take that size dose thru out the day. I will probably try that soon to see if it does help.

Comment

Thank you Neohioic for your answer.
                Maybe I can start with that...
                I would be happy if someone else could answer me, to have another point of view and then, decide.

Thx a lot!

Comment

Well, I tried a bottle and can't say as I see any difference... I'm glad it's helping others, however. I'm still not convinced my problems aren't more related to my prostate or possibly another blockage. My urologist doesn't think so, but he hasn't done the testing to rule out any blockages or an enlarged prostate. I'm about ready to find another urologist.... Nothing works for me. I have a very weak stream, retention, frequent UTI's, etc. and it's getting worse. I've tried every medication there is for IC as well as about every supplement. I watch what I eat and drink like a hawk. Just using my noggin to make some sense out of this, it would seem if my problem was 100% IC, something would have helped by now. At least I'm not in pain, but this going all the time certainly affects my quality of life...

Comment

Originally posted by Skitti View Post
                    Thank you Neohioic for your answer.
                    Maybe I can start with that...
                    I would be happy if someone else could answer me, to have another point of view and then, decide.

Thx a lot!
                    The person I buy my oil from told me to start with 15 drops before bed and go up from there. I think you have to experiment for yourself. My research leads me to believe a higher dose is needed, but we are all different.

Comment

Thank you Sarahbear! But what is written on the bottle? 250mg? 400mg? 500mg?
                      Like this, I will be able to calculate the right dosage to start.

Thank you ;-):-)

Comment

My bottle doesn't have a label.... :-/ The guy I buy from sells "sticks" of honey with CBD oil in them. I tried them and found that they worked for my migraines, but I HATE honey. He agreed to sell me a bottle of just the oil at his cost. He had to take the label off of the bottle, so I don't know who the manufacturer is, but I know that it's a top producer of organic industrial hemp. I'm pretty sure I am getting a good product as the wholesale cost is $130 for 2 oz of oil! The package of honey sticks I have (for introducing to friends) says each stick has 10.1mg in it. When I picked up the bottle he told me to start with 15 drops which was about the equivalent of what was in a honey stick.

Comment

Hi Montana, if you have weak stream, I would think it is more related to your prostate. If your not in pain, consider yourself very fortunate. Do you have prostatitis? That is what I initially had. I no longer have that, but I"m stuck with pain most of the time. Do you have any blood in the tail end of your urine? That is the sign of inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis).

Comment

Originally posted by neohioic View Post
                            Hi Montana, if you have weak stream, I would think it is more related to your prostate. If your not in pain, consider yourself very fortunate. Do you have prostatitis? That is what I initially had. I no longer have that, but I"m stuck with pain most of the time. Do you have any blood in the tail end of your urine? That is the sign of inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis).
                            I have no visible blood, but quite often my urinalysis will show blood. Ya, just from what I've been reading I suspect I have some prostate trouble going on along with the IC. Sorry to hear you have the pain.... Aging bodies are not a lot of fun....

Comment

Montana When my pain started 5 years ago I went to a urologist who did a lot of testing BUT never brought up IC and was convinced it was Prostatitis. I do not have an enlarged prostate. After 1 1/2 years of many antibiotics and no results I went to the Urology Center of Colorado in Denver. This Urologist immediately suspected IC, which he said is extremely under diagnosed in men. After tests he said is was IC. I also have read in urology literature that IC in men is significantly under diagnosed.
                              I’ve been on Elmiron for 3 years and it definitely helps. But the potential side affects (particularly this recent study suggesting possible eye damage) really concerns me. So I am going to look into CBD.
                              One consistent problem I have that exacerbates pain with IC is constipation which people don’t seem to mention. I have a definite coorelation.
                              Good luck and definitely change urologist and focus on IC.
                              Good luck.

Comment

I have to assume that ic sufferers all have very different causes and outcomes. So many things work for one person and cause massive pain for others. This is one for me. All the omega oils hurt me. I even recently tried pumpkin oil after reading such amazing things. I’ve tried just about every oil there is now always organic. Always cold pressed. They all caused me increased urgency and flares. I’ve been curious about CBD but unsure because I didn’t do well with hemp.
                                Last edited by UnicornDreams; 10-14-2018, 06:53 PM. Reason: Added

Comment

Working...
                                X