Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginaandmybladde
    replied
    Re: CBD saved me (hemp or marijuana work!)

I totally understand. There are a lot of people who do abuse it. I just hope that those people do not ruin it for those who legitimately need it... in our perceptions, hearts and minds. People deserve Mercy, and relief from pain.

Leave a comment:

• Montana
    replied

Like, you I've been "anti pot/anti drug" my entire life. I suppose I'm the exception, but I've never even experimented with any of that stuff....just never had any desire and in my mind I have the perception that pot users are losers.. Right, wrong, or otherwise, that has been my view, but as I've seen so many people helped by medical marijuana I've started to change my view point. It's taken me a while as I have seen so many people abuse their right to use medical marijuana, but I'm adjusting my thinking.

Leave a comment:

• Ginaandmybladde
    replied

*IC, not "I see"... darn voice type!

Leave a comment:

• Ginaandmybladde
    replied

I really believe that anyone who developed I see from some type of internal bladder damage like an infection or surgery, or who just develop naturally over time, try this. It really helps with inflammation and I think that's what's going on inside of my bladder. And why I responded so well to the CBD hemp oil. I think there are other forms of IC that are more muscular or otherwise, that maybe CBD won't work for. But what a great option that can be ordered online that doesn't need a prescription and doesn't have a hundred different side effects! Remember that if you buy one and it doesn't quite work well, try a different one. The first one my doctor carried worked great, & the second one he switched to didn't work as well and he let me know that there are many different phytochemicals depending on how the hemp is processed and where it's come from. I'd rather try this then a different pharmaceutical every week, right?!

Leave a comment:

• Montana
    replied

thanks....that is pretty much how I would describe my problem.Mos It's not like I feel like I have to go 24/7, but after I go within 20 to 30 minutes I start feeling the urge again... More often if I drink too much water. I go about 20-25 times a day and about 3 or 4 times at night.... Not as bad as some people, but bad enough to affect the quality of my life. As you well know, it gets really old always thinking about it....worrying that there isn't a rest room handy, etc. I've tried pretty much everything and have found little relief..... I've tried all of the different medications, supplements, follow a strict diet, etc. Maybe this will help.... Anything is worth a try!

Leave a comment:

• Ginaandmybladde
    replied

I felt like I constantly had to pee. It doesn't take it away completely, but still a dramatic improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Ginaandmybladde
    replied

Yes, that was my #1 issue!

Leave a comment:

• Montana
    replied

Did it help with your frequency? My biggest issue is frequency and painful urination. I have no pain except for when I "go".

Leave a comment:

• Ginaandmybladde
    replied

That was a mistype. It should have said that you can get CBD from hemp oil alone, and that may help you (No high). That's 90% of what helps me. The medical marijuana is just for flare days.

Leave a comment:

• Ginaandmybladde
    replied

CBD oil is one part of the hemp or marijuana plant that does not cause any high or psychotropic effects. The other part of the marijuana plant that does cause a high is THC. CBD oil alone will not cause a high effect. What some people feel is a calming effect or maybe slightly sleepy from CBD, because it is also used for anxiety (which can assist with IC as well). I had NO interest in any type of a high feeling, I just wanted pain relief. That is what CBD oil is for. By the way, the medical marijuana that I am prescribed is the lowest level of THC. I find that people have this misconception that medical marijuana just leaves you feeling high. You can actually be prescribed so that has VERY little of that effect. And it's in the form of drops if you like, so there's nothing just have to smoke. I've been so resistant to the idea of pot until I actually discovered the realities of it, and it's not nearly as scary, intimidating, or as "high" as I thought.

Leave a comment:

• neohioic
    replied

Does it affect your memory or mental ability? Is it like getting high?

Leave a comment:

• Ginaandmybladde
    replied

The good news is you can get CBD hemp oil without marijuana being legal. It is 100% legal. Hemp is the cousin of marijuana. You can order it online. It has a calming effect and is also used for anxiety as well as inflammation. It might help relax your pelvic floor.

Leave a comment:

• neohioic
    replied

thank you for sharing that. I'm in Ohio and I think medical marijuana products will become legal in the near future if not already. I will certainly give a try. My physical therapist says my pelvic floor is very tight. I know there is some correlation. I basically think that all the nerves in the pelvis area (including the bladder) have become very sensitive. The damage has been done I believe in my case. I have had some good days even weeks in the past 2-3 months but I'm having a bad 5-6 days again and it is very tough.

Leave a comment:

• Ginaandmybladde
    started a topic CBD saved me (hemp or marijuana work!)

CBD saved me (hemp or marijuana work!)

About 2 years ago, I developed IC from a devastating and severe bladder infection. I was diagnosed after about 6-9 months via cystoscopy. I tried aloe, glucosamine, quercetin, d-mannose, Cystoprotek, hydroxyzine, Myrbetriq, accupucture, physical therapy, long term antibiotics, instillations... THOUSANDS of dollars. Most of it seemed like a bandaid on a gushing wound. There was little/limited relief, except during the last few months of my antibiotic use, some physical therapy, a few instillations, and a measure of accupunture. I felt nearly "cured" 4 months into my 6 months of antibiotic use. Once off the antibiotics, back to full on IC. No mainstream docs of mine (large, university health care system here in Tampa) wanted to prescribe any more. A few instills brought some relief... but it was hit or miss... and some would flare me. I was Googling "disability" and so sad about my future. I met a doctor at a party (a D.O.) who also worked with medical marijuana. He said, about my antibiotic experience, that doctors do not know everything antibiotics do... they also have anti-inflammatory properties, and function in ways we don't completely fully understand. So, while I was inclined to think there must be some underlying "bug" still in my bladder, and that's why the antibiotics helped... maybe not. It could have been the anti-inflammatory properties. He was willing to write additional antibiotic prescriptions for me because he said my quality of life was more important than anything else. I immediately liked this doctor! I went to formally visit with him at his office to also look into medical marijuana. While I was waiting for my medical marijuana card from the state of Florida, he suggested I try some CBD hemp oil that he sold in his office. This was The Day My Life Changed. Within 2 days of trying the CBD hemp oil, my bladder calmed down. I had a 70 to 80% reduction in the feeling of having a bladder infection (my primary symptom). 70-80% was the difference between Googling "disability", to making plans for my future. I went off all of the prescriptions except the hydroxyzine (now just one a day at night, and I only take it because it helps me sleep - it never took away my feeling of having a bladder infection constantly). I stay on a birth control pill to keep my periods away completely. The physical therapist has done wonders and teaching me different sexual positions that trigger flares much less and sometimes not at all, (it's all about angles). Lastly, acupuncture is just the little missing link that helps with my overall well-being. I make sure to take natural supplements too. My IC is not gone completely. I still have flares here and there. But I stay on the diet, take my CBD oil, and it is the difference between a hopeless future and planning for a future. I strongly believe that women who start with IC from a bladder infection and damage to the interior of the bladder are dealing with a chronic inflammation within the body and CBD oil (whether it is from hemp or marijuana) go after all inflammation in the body. You don't even have to take medical marijuana (look for a strongly CBD based one versus THC) so long as you have a very good quality CBD hemp oil (they are not all created equal... in fact, my doctor changed CBD oil brands in his office and I noticed a change in my symptoms, so you have to find the right oil for you). You can take it with you on trips and across all 50 states because it's completely legal! You have a cannabinoid system in your body, you just don't know it.**I was so anti-pot in my previous life, it's amazing that I am now educated on these things and a proponent. I would strongly recommend that women who have developed IC from bladder damage, to try this. On a side note, I sent the same oil to my aunt said arthritis for 20 years and she's pain free for the first time in those 20 years. I sent the same oil to my aunt who has Parkinson's and it has reduced her tremors. I believe CBD oil has not gone mainstream and marijuana has had all of this legal issue because the major pharmaceutical companies understand what it will do for people. I am not a doctor. I'm simply talking about my own personal experience. I understand exactly where you are, and your journey. You've tried everything right? If you haven't tried this, maybe it's time. I wish you all the best on your IC journey.
Working...
X