superior hypogastric plexus block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• superior hypogastric plexus block

I'm scheduled to have a superior hypogastric plexus block in a couple of weeks. I'm a little nervous about the whole thing and am wondering how much time if any I need to take off from work. I'm a nurse and am on my feet all day long. If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know. Thanks so much.

I was fine later that day. Your back might be a little sore where they do the injectiobns, but that should be about it.

Please let us know how it goes. I only had one, and of course that day I was not symptomatic so they could not tell if it worked. So, i waited until symptoms returned (now) and will try a second one.

Comment

nerve block

Personally, I wouldn't do another nerve block- ever! I went for my first one, the pain from IC was unrelenting. Since then, which was 2/15, I have had severe back pain, knee, and leg muscle pain. I can hardly walk. I can't get up in the mornings, and it is extremely difficult for me to bend my knees to sit or get up. Picture this with IC! I've gone for an MRI, x-rays and blood work and am still waiting for the results. I've been forced out of my job and now cry everyday because I miss it so much. I just can't do nursing right now. Please be very informed before having this procedure. Check out the procedure itself, maybe get a second opinion and check out the doctor doing the procedure.

Comment

I cry too

Hi Diane,

I can't work either because I'm still in moderate pain despite pain treatments, have bad nights, and my neuropathic pain pills slow my mind down too much. This is no good in the work place where employers want everything done yesterday.

Like you, I cry and am really upset at all the things I miss out on, like work, money, and even sex with my husband.

I had my first Pain Clinic visit yesterday and was about to find a Board to post about it, when your Post caught my eye. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone feeling this way.

Regards
        Shelley

Comment

Re: superior hypogastric plexus block

Thanks ladies for sharing. I am scheduled next week for that same block, I'm considering not going through with it. I don't want to experience more pain in other areas as I heard mentioned. Your thoughts?

Comment

I am a RN also. I had this block. Only needed to be off the next day. You maybe told you can go back to the the next day. Trust me, you will need the next day if possible. Good luck....hope you get some relief.

Comment

I wonder if anyone else has tried this recently. I already have leg pain issues I wonder why DianeRN did if maybe it was an allergic reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Colvin View Post
                I am a RN also. I had this block. Only needed to be off the next day. You maybe told you can go back to the the next day. Trust me, you will need the next day if possible. Good luck....hope you get some relief.
                Did the block help you? I have IC,vulcodenia, pudendal neuralgoa,and pgad. So wondering about this block.

Comment

Lhdaniell, it's been a year, and wondering if you had the hyper plexus block done? If so, how did it go for you? I'm scheduled for mid July and am looking forward to having it. I have confidence in my doctor and am overwhelmed with pain. I've tried all treatments except spinal stimulator. I hope you are doing better.

Comment

Hi Kim, can you tell us the results of your block. How effective was it?

Comment

Working...
                    X