Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• erinw1405
    replied
    Its crazy how insurance will pay for all these expensive surgeries but not the less invasive cheaper options. I hate heath insurance. Thankfully my urologist offers PTNS, they still push for the Interstim though.

Leave a comment:

• Judyt1991
    replied
    PTNS is not invasive, it's safer, has high success rates, according to my primary doctor who recommended against the Interstim my Urologist wants to do. (mostly because of my age, 77 and the risks of infection with Interstim). But PTNS takes longer, 10-12 weeks of treatments and may not be covered by some insurance. Plus none of the Urologists in my area do PTNS.

Leave a comment:

• erinw1405
    replied
    Has anyone else tried this? My insurance isn't wanting to pay for bladder botox. The NP said today if I didn't want to go the Interstim route she'd suggest doing PTNS.

Leave a comment:

• Pillowfight
    replied
    Re: Anyone tried PTNS??

I know this is an old thread, but for anyone else interested in this, there is a big section on this in the The Interstitial Cystitis Solution book by Nicole and Jesse Cozean.
    Last edited by Pillowfight; 05-16-2019, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Asha
    started a topic Anyone tried PTNS??

Anyone tried PTNS??

PTNS is the next treatment option I'm considering. I'd like to hear feedback specifically about PTNS (I'm not interested in Interstim) - success stories, or if you had problems with it. Are there any side effects? My understanding is it's pretty non-invasive, but can anything go wrong?

My flares involve bladder tenderness and pressure and A LOT of frequency. I don't have pain 24/7, but only as my bladder fills, which then results in pain, which leads to hesitancy and retention.

I have tried:
    Diet
    Physical therapy
    Noritriptyline
    Steroids
    Overactive bladder meds
    Valium
    Flomax
    Bladder instills

Your stories and feedback would be appreciated!
Working...
X