Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judyt1991
    replied
    Yes, I am taking estrogen cream for the past year. The urologist said it is helping with the atrophy.

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    Hi Judy. At your age, you have to be suffering from some menopause induced bladder sensitivity. As we go through menopause and beyond, the drop in estrogen triggers a thinning of the protective coating in your bladder, urethra, vulva and vagina. For women who develop these symptoms post menopause, we are always going to look at the quality and health of your skin to make sure that estrogen atrophy isn't part of the problem. And, if so, using a topical estrogen cream can be remarkably helpful. Are you using any estrogen creams??

Leave a comment:

• Judyt1991
    replied
    I have a call in to my Urologist about the PTNS. She's pushing me to have the Interstim implant but I'm reluctant at my age (77) to take the chances I've read about. I can live with urinary burning and pelvic floor pain which I can almost control if I'm a really good girl and watch my foods and do my exercises. But I really really want to get control of the dratted overactive bladder that developed since I started showing symptoms of IC 3-1/2 years ago. Every hour or less around the clock has to be doing health damage.

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    Re: PTNS at home

Hi Kasia! Very cool! I used to do the same thing after I finished my PTNS treatment with Dr. Marshall Stoller, the doctor who invented this type of treatment. What that does is neuromodulate the nerves that help control bladder function... but it does NOT act on the bladder wall thus isn't going to prevent an acidic food from irritating your bladder wall.

As Donna said, using an acid reducer like Prelief, can help reduce that acid induced irritation! Also... using a food supplement that might help protect the bladder wall, such as Cysto Renew or CystoProtek can help put a protective coating in there. Desert Harvest Aloe can also be more soothing. You can find all of those supplements in our shop at: http://www.icnsales.com

Jill

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Re: PTNS at home

Originally posted by Kasia View Post
    I have a little machine with two sticky electrode patches which I glue on my tibial nerve and send a current through it twice a day. It seems to help and calm my bladder but it does not prevent a flare if I eat something I shouldn't. Anybody using this machine (called Urostim 2). I don't know if it is available in US.
    Unfortunately, even if we find something that helps with symptoms, it doesn't always allow us to ingest bladder irritants. Sometimes we can have some potential irritants if we take Prelief, but even that doesn't allow us to ignore the diet. Fortunately, once we become used to the diet, it does get easier. It's pretty much automatic for me. I'm even known at our local pizza parlor as the "no sauce lady."

Sending gentle encouraging hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Kasia
    started a topic PTNS at home

PTNS at home

I have a little machine with two sticky electrode patches which I glue on my tibial nerve and send a current through it twice a day. It seems to help and calm my bladder but it does not prevent a flare if I eat something I shouldn't. Anybody using this machine (called Urostim 2). I don't know if it is available in US.
Working...
X