Insurance coverage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance coverage...

Did anyone have trouble getting their insurance companies to cover the InterStim test trials and if you had it, the implant? I have United Health Care. It's not an HMO and I don't think I need pre-authorization for most things. Well, for nothing so far, not for my hydrodistension, not for my MRI.

-Nancy R

Nancy,
    Last year, when I had 3 Interstim trials, I had United Healthcare PPO. They gave me no problem. My Dr's assistant got the pre-authorization or whatever was necessary. I didn't have to make any phone calls or worry.
    This year, when I had my staged trials, I have another PPO. Again, I had no problems with insurance.
    I hope your process goes as smoothly as mine!
    take care,
    Melanie
    Melanie
    __

Comment

Nancy~I didn't have to do a thing. My dr's office handled everything and they didn't have a problem with approvals, infact, they came thru pretty fast.
      GOOD LUCK teri
      teri
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Thanks for the positive news. I am hoping that I don't have to concern myself with the insurance coverage...I've got bigger things to worry about. I saw my uro last week and he said that even Medicaid is covering the Interstim now so that we shouldn't have a problem.

-Nancy R

Comment

I did not have any trouble getting my insurance to pay for interstim, even though I was not a full time student at the age of 19--they could have dropped me, but they continued to pay instead

Comment

Working...
          X