No announcement yet.

Interstim and pain relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandy~on my last adjustment I told them I was cathing alot and they took that into consideration when then adjusted me. I will have days that I'll have to cath 3 or 4 times and then I can go for weeks without having to cath. Dr. D. said that this is totally normal with an IC patient. It took me time to learn that all bladders, even healthy bladders, hold about 100cc's after they are emptied. I thought I had to get every drop of pee out of me every time I went....not so So, I stopped worrying about it and now I let nature take it's coarse. I did go thru a really bad week last week were I was peeing every hour again and started to panic, but here I am, a week later, with no adjustment, going 6-7 times a day again.

Hope that helps some
    tons of hugs teri
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Hi Jean, after reading some of the things about you having a lot of pain I just had to add my two cents, I had two spinal cord stimulators, one they could not reach the nerve, because of the scar tissue from arthritis,the second they were on the sacral nerve, but I could not feel no stimulation. Now just last week I went into the hospital for the pain pump trial, and let me tell you that really works, they have to adjust the amount of morphine, but once it is adjusted, it is like heaven, there is no pain and it just feels like you are sleep walking, now in the next month I am going to have it implanted, it is from Medtronics, you can call them or on line. Ask around the pain pump is the way I am going, there is no pain and since there is no pain I can pee without it burning and it seems to have a good effect on my bathroom visits also. Hope this helps. I will remember you in my prayers. If you have any questions you can reach me at [email protected]
      Sue

Comment

Working...
      X