Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    oh wow!

Thanks for the reply, you have encouraged me as the fear of actually going through with this is starting to set in. I have made up my mind, I just hope that I will have success.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• work it
    replied
    I was real sore when I woke up yesterday from surgery but they gave me pain meds and that takes the edge off. Today I am sore but I am up and walking. The hardest thing and what hurst the most is sitting on my left side where the interstim is at. It has helped so much though. I can't believe the difference. Even with the trial when I would shut it off to shower I had the feeling I had to go potty. As soon as I got dried off and turned it back on, It felt great and back to the way it should be

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    I have never had the Interstim, (since pain is my big problem, instead of urgency and freq), but I just want you to know that I am rooting for you too! I hope that you will be one of the Interstim success stories and I will be reading a post on that board soon, written by you.

Please keep us posted on your progress. I hope you get alot of relief from this.

Many hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    work it
    does it hurt alot? I dont care if it hurts as long as it helps my bladder as it heals!
    Erika

Leave a comment:

• work it
    replied
    how awesome that you found a great Doc that is so important when it comes to treatment. I too weighed out all the pros and cons and just had my phase 2 implanted yesterday. Best of luck to you and keep us posted

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    HEHEHE

Thanks Cindy, you can always make me chuckle...

Erika

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    thats why we are here.. sit down and make a list of questions, we will gladly answer them for you.. even if we already have and you forgot.. lol oh thats not you, thats me on the forgetting part
    you can never ask too many questions.

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    Thank you so much for the support and the facts. I really appreciate all the honesty, and that you are looking out for my best intrest. Thank you all so much for offering your time if I have questions. I apreciate the support more than I can express in words...

Erika

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    ok kewl.. you know my brain has been in a fog lately.. so sorry.. ((hugs)) your right what do you have to lose? you have the trial it works great or it don't.. I am willing to bet you will find relief. My trial is the 2nd of may and removal/implant is the 16th. I am so glad you did a lot of research, that makes me feel better. I am here for ya if you need me.

Leave a comment:

• DebbieB
    replied
    Hi Erika;

I am here to if you would like to PM me about it !!
    I have had my InterStim now over eight years and I am one that is living a
    very successful life with the InterStim..

So any questions I would be very glad to answer them ..

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Me too -- I'm here if you want to ask questions.

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Like I said in chats, I am here if you need me. Just let me know

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    Oh to clarify Cindy,

I have severe urgency-frequency. He said that my bladder was neurogenic?

Erika

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    I have decided to go for it. I have done research, read all the posts here, ordered an info packet, called in on a teleconfrence, understand the risk and the expense, watched the movie. I have decided to do this because I owe it to myself to get the best treatment available. I have been suffering for 6 years, so this was an easy choice for me. I have been thinking about it for some time, and as the meds kept failing, diet hasn't worked, instill, cysto and biofeedback was usless this was a good try. I already talked to my family, my grandfather did research and he called becuase he thought I had incontinence and felt bad. hehe Jake knows he will have lots of responsibilities during the recovery period.I have made up my mind and I have been praying that this is the right choice. My gut tells me yes, and I know I will regret not doing it. Thanks for listening and looking out for my best intrest.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    He sure sounds like a sweetheart. Very compassionate.

I hope the PT helps you - I wonder if 2 weeks will be long enough to really see results before making a decision about the Interstim?

Leave a comment:

Working...