Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SANS for urgency/frequency?

Hi there,

I have no pain, but have urgency/frequency. I have had Botox and that has helped some. My doctor suggested Interstim. That is just not going to happen. I know more people with problems than successes. My gut tells me not to do it. I contacted Dr. Stoller and he said they will be soon testing a new model. I'm curious to know how those with SANS fared with their urgency/frequency.

Thanks!

I thought the sans was for pain. Jill has one in her ankle for pain. If your gut tells you no with the interstim then don't do it. There is a bion that is a small match stick device they can insert in the are between your vagina and rectum. You would need to sit on a recharge pad for 30 to 60 mins a day.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

thanks

Thanks for responding. This "Bion"...is that the proper name and it is specifically for frequency/urgency?

Comment

The Bion stimulator (pudendal nerve stimulator, made by Advanced Bionics) and SANS (tibial nerve stimulator, known as the Urgent PC and made by Uroplasty Corporation), have both been used to treat overactive bladder, urge incontinence, and urgency/frequency, although they work by different mechanisms. I know that Bion recently had clinical trials that are now wrapped up; I'm not sure if any doctors are offering this, and if insurance covers it. Does anyone have information on this?
        Clinical trial participants are urgently needed for research on IC/PBS to move forward. ICN Clinical Trials Page.

Comment

Working...
        X