Burning Bladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning Bladder

I got interstim in feburary and it has helped my frequency greatly. However for the last couple of weeks I have had intense burning in my bladder. Do poeple with interstim still have hydrodistensions or rescue instillations?

Well this sound like a bladder infection, I would have it check out ..
    I had have maybe a couple bladder infections over the eight years...

As for having hydrodistensions or rescue instillations , I never had any done in over the eight years with the InterStim ..
    We are all so different with the InterStim ..

Debbie
    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Thanks for response. I am being tested for an infection but it doesnt quite feel like that. Its more the painful burning that I had before the stim- my IC. My main problem with my IC is bladder pain and since interstim doesnot address this I was just wondering if other methods can be used in conjunction with the interstim to help with the pain.

Comment

Well its not an infection. My doc has suggested a distention. But I am scared because although I have had over 20 of them the last one didnt work. I just dont know what to do now. Even my pain meds are not helping and I am unable to sleep. One time I had a different doc. look at some of my pictures from cysto/disten. and he said that I had hunners ulcers. If thats true what do they do about that? It would make since if that was correct because nothing has worked on my ic.

Comment

I am sorry to hear this !!

I am sorry I don't know much about hunners ulcers, I hope some one can help you with this ..

I recall some other people with the InterStim do other treatments to help them with their IC ..

Take care and I wish you all the best !!!

Debbie
          Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Hi Donnes,

I too have this burning that seems to originate from my bladder and screw up my lower intestine.Maybe i have "strained" my urethral sphincter but why it never heal after many years?!

No one actually bother to scope my bladder.Not that i'm thrilled about it but urologist around here aren't involved much in IC

Interesting finding on bladder ulcer that you've got tho.
            Does ulcer ever heal???
            I did found som'thing on Wlkipedia:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunner%27s_Ulcers

Last edited by Tip and IBS; 06-14-2007, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Ok so now my urogyn. is saying the burning is my endometriosis? What? Also, I am not having normal bowel movements and that is causing problems. Do I let this guy do a laperoscopy with another gyn or what. I am begining tothink that my IBS may be worse than I thought also. Any guidance is welcomed.

Comment

I can't help you with an exact diagnosis for the burning, but I can tell you that I have the InterStim and I still do rescue instills when I need them for pain, so it is possible to do that! Hope you can figure out what is going on soon... and if you do have a hydro, that it works this time.
                Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
                *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
                *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
                *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I agree with DEb. Possible infection? I don;t have this burning unless I have an infection. I still get occasional pelvic pressure, but it is much less now that I have an interstim-it isn't for pain, so maybe you are still experiencing IC pain. It hard to say,like Jen said. Just a thought

Erika
                  IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                  Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                  Birth Control

Comment

Hi,

I had a burning in my bladder, urethra, and in my left groin area for 9 months when I had a severe bladder flare which also caused me to have a bout of IBS OR IBD. I was checked many times for a uti but it kept coming back negative. I have come to know that the burning is part of these inflammatory conditions. You should be checked though to make sure it isn't a uti. I had a laparoscopy exam during that period and did not have endometriosis.

Marsi4

Comment

Hi just wondered if you can get dinners prepared for you and delieved with IC patients Im in a bad flare up with my bladder cant do much at all

Comment

I do not have an answer to this question. I would say you would need to contact meals on wheels in your community.
                        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Working...
                        X