Electrical Stimulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Stimulation

I bought this great little external electrical stimulation unit at a medical technology conference last year for my back. I found that it helps with my bladder pain too. It is a much better device than what you can buy at a drugstore, but I paid about $100 bucks for it. Its made by HIDOW. I guess I don't see why you would ever implant something that you can use externally, but maybe I am just averse to surgery. The only downside to the unit is that the wires are kind of long. It has four electrodes. I put one on my sacrum and then two on where my back pain is. The thing will run about six hours before it needs to be recharged. I tried the Icy Hot one and I had to replace the batteries several times before it just died. This one has the ability to change the strength of the pulse as well as the type. I have had it for about a year now and I still haven't had to by any new pads (they gave me lots of extras when I bought it.)

Nearly a year later, are you still using that gadget? Do you feel it's still helping with bladder control?

Comment

These e-stim units are growing in popularity. Great question!
      Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Working...
      X