I just want to say ty for the interstim it saved my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to say ty for the interstim it saved my life

I just wanted to share with you the success I finally have with the interstim after 3 months. I went from not able to urinate and constant infections to be able to urinate on my own with the interstim. I had to self cath to urinate and I don't have to anymore. it took me 3 months to find the right setting for me and my interstim is helping me a great deal for urinary retention. Interstim has saved my life.

akrose

Hi Emily- you were in alot of pain about a week ago, is that cleared up with the interstim?

Comment

I was in pain a week ago because of endometerosis ,ovarian mass and adhesions that is what my pain is now. It wasn't bladder pain.I am still in pain from this gynecological conditions.

Comment

kim, glad that the interstim has helped you so much.. I love mine too.
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Hey, I got my Interstim implant on the 19th and I took off my pad in my panties. so far no leaking with urge. I have 6 more weeks of doing nothing. The doctors want scar tissue to develope around the wires. I had a kink in a wire on my tailbone, the doctor thought that may have been why I was getting the surges, so he opened that up again and took the kink out. All is fine so far, I just have to keep telling myself not to lean over, reach, squat, or lift anything for the next 6 weeks. The pain med they gave me this time still gave me the itches. I am uncomfortable sitting in my chair so I just lay around. LOL I didnt know the device to change the settings would be so big. It is bigger than my cell phone and I have no room in my purse for it. I wld like to go to the post office and try it out lol...maybe when I am all healed Ill see if I set off any alarms.

Comment

I had my trial last weekend. My symptoms were 100% gone. Im having my perm put in on Tuesday so Im hoping I get the same results.
            I'm so glad interstim helped you!!! I loved having my life back for those 3 days I had the trial.

Comment

So happy to hear of people finding relief!!! Thank you for sharing positive stories
              Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
              I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
              Source - Pinterest
              "

Current treatments:
              -IC diet
              -Elavil 50mg at night
              -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
              -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
              -Pyridium if needed,
              -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
              -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
              -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
              -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
              -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
              -Managing stress= VERY important!
              -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Beep123, How are you feeling now? I had the interstim placed in early 2000, and i did well with the trial but not so well with the permananet one. I had it out about 2 years later. A new urologist I see says that technology now is so much better, and that i should give it a try. Just not sure. My life is very different now, and I had a long recovery with it. Nothing has been working and I have been living with going to the bathroom for the past 12 years every hour or more, and up all night.

Comment

Originally posted by melnmark View Post
                  Beep123, How are you feeling now? I had the interstim placed in early 2000, and i did well with the trial but not so well with the permananet one. I had it out about 2 years later. A new urologist I see says that technology now is so much better, and that i should give it a try. Just not sure. My life is very different now, and I had a long recovery with it. Nothing has been working and I have been living with going to the bathroom for the past 12 years every hour or more, and up all night.
                  I wish I could say I'm a lot better but I'm not yet. However, I'm better WITH the interstim than without. I'm able to leave the house more often than not now without having such urgency to pee. Instead of every 5 min of feeling like you gotta go, it's like every 1/2 hour. Most days, I get a good hour-2 hours without urgency or frequency. I do sleep the whole night now. Even on bad days. So that's a BIG improvement.

I'm better on some programs than others and it seems as though my body gets used to a new program after maybe 2 weeks then I have to change it.
                  I'm only almost a month post op so we're still tinkering with it. Some days are great, others (like stressful ones) aren't. It just depends.

All in all though, I'm able to go out more often, haven't had to miss a day of work yet due to my bladder going nuts, and I'm pretty confident that I just need some adjustments made and ill be loads better.

I hope my experience has helped you some!! Keep me posted and hang in there!!!!

Comment

Emily, it took three months to get the right setting? My wife tried it but I am not sure we tried it long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by looking4hope View Post
                      Emily, it took three months to get the right setting? My wife tried it but I am not sure we tried it long enough.
                      There are SOOO many adjustments that can be made by Medtronics or the dr that the patient cant do on their own so I've read it can even take up to a year to get it just right.
                      This is no quick fix. Its a long process. My dr said he would be shocked if I came out of surgery and was 100% perfect.
                      It might not hurt to try again and have more patience with it.

Comment

I had my intersim in for about 2 years, and drove over an hour for about a year once a week to get it reprogrammed and it never really worked. Beep123, that's great that you are feeling a little better. I always say that I would love to be able to watch a half hour show without going to the bathroom. I haven't put my life on hold that much, but I do have a 3 year old, and everywhere we go I have to use the restroom a lot. She is used to it, and is potty trained, but to think to go to Disney World or any sort of traveling is very difficult, and I don't want her life to suffer b'c of me. It really stinks at times. Right now I would love to get to the bottom of my problems. but my husband will be going in for MAJOR foot surgery this summer, which is putting so much stress on me, b'c I will have to do everything. He is a great help, plus I have many other medical problems too.
                        Beep123, have you ever had an urodynamic test done? Do you know why you have such urgency and frequency? I had one last year for the third time, and finally know what I have which is urethral dyssnergia, from what I have been reading it seems to be neurogical, but my new Urologist doesn't think so, but he can't tell me why. Most people that have this have some sort of injury to their spinal cord, but not me, of course!

Comment

Re: I just want to say ty for the interstim it saved my life

How long after you changed your settings did you realize one was working for you?

Comment

Working...
                          X