Trial interstim success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another thought..

it is rally good to hear some get relief with the stim..i have had mine in for 3 years now but i was so eager to do anything and believe it or not i didn't find a whole lot of women that had tried it at that point.it seems really stupid now that i trusted the dr. i had at the time to guide me the right way.it did help some of the pressure and even at night but.not the pain!! he was one of those dr. that i now read about ALOT..he was trying to get me to do this sooo badly he just knew it would be great and help the pain once it was in..what a joke...it of course did not.because of a bone disease i now have because of being on predisone for years.AV.N. My joints are litterly dying..i have new hips and working on new knees ect..the bad part..i have to have alot of MRI'S done and that is a big scare..the insurance paid to have it put in ok...but they absolutely refuse to pay to have it taken out..having my MTI'S weigh out more than what help it has given me i even have 3 dr. trying to convience them to do it...now you want to hear the really stupid part..i had my bladder removed 6 years ago now was i stupid to believe him or what!!!you need to check this out in case for some reason even medically u need it out...he was a dr. at a apin clinic that had me on so many pain meds and others it was crazy..i was in no mind to make that discission any way.it is now 3 years and after almost dying i am off all the pain medss or anything else except altrum 75mgs every 6 hrs and acphix 20mg once daily..these meds now keep me out of pain unless i forget to take it which is a good sign at least they help..i now have my life back and feel great..i thank god every day..oh.i found out the dr. got a kick back for putting my stim in and he was not the only one either..i am thinking maybe to tell the insurance it is a battery replacement or what ever ..it may work.but that would not be honest but neither are they..sorry so long..deedee
    dx'd i.c in 96,too many treatments and meds to remember before badder removed in 2000.pain returned..has since been on roller coster of narcs ad other things..3 suicial att..went into hosp to withdrawl from sooo many narcs and wt. got down to 85lbs....came out eating small amounts ad keeping them down..the only pain med was ultram 50mg q 6 hrs..and gabapintien sorry..can spell..600 mg q 6 hrs..in 2003..nowin 2006-ive had mesh pulled from myvaginal walls 3 timesso pain is severe again but also in rectum now..had to add hydro/app q 4 hrs.!!!but i still pray there is hope..i just need o find it.

Comment

Georgia:

Thanks for answering my questions. I think if I could at least have that pressue gone and the full feeling gone I would be doing alot better. I will keep you posted. I see my doc in 2 weeks. Thanks again!

Erika
      IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
      Interstim Since 5/25/07!
      Birth Control

Comment

Georgia L, You are going thru trail at this time? My trail is next Tuesday, one week away. I am thinking very positive for all of us! Education Teleconference regarding interstim is this evening at 7:30PM Central time, 1-877-209-9919. I missed it last month. Expect it to be very interesting.

Comment

I hope things are going well for you Sue.
          I had the perm stim put in on the 21st and it is still very sore but it is helping with the ureg. freg. and pressure and since it helps with those things... it relieves some of the pain.
          I am using MSM gel to help with the burning too and that helps.
          Best wishes, Georgia
          Faith is not believing God can; Faith is believing God will!

Comment

Georgia L. Its been 9 days now since I had my permanent interstim put in. It is going very well, am 97% dry even during sleeping. I did experiment with the controller, incase I needed to turn it off, or adjust the intensity. Got my reading and then turn it off. Notice some leaking yesterday, and was disappointed. Woke up in the night and wonder if I had screwed up. Check the controller, which was beeping when I turned it on, which indicated that I turned off the interstim. I did it right this morning and notice control again with the bladder. What a relief. Is the burning a problem before the surgery? My incision is healing well, only a 2 1/2" bump, with a urge to itch it (Won't!). See my URO on Monday 4/9, wonder how long I take the antibiotics. Hope you are improving, wishing you the best. sue

Comment

Re: Trial interstim success

Originally posted by donnes007 View Post
              Same here...:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
              The stim is awesome- except for this initial pain- but this to shall pass...
              I have gone from 30 plus times to under 10:woohoo:
              It actually has helped my pain, around 60% is gone!:woohoo:
              I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if the kind of pain you are being helped with is burning in the trigone/urethra area. I am ok on frequency and urgency, but some folk say the interstim device worked for their pain. They never say what kind of pain they have. My pain is stopped when I inject an instillation. Mine seems to be directly related to the inside of the damaged bladder. I hear people talk about other kinds of pelvic pain, but I really want to know if it stops the burning in the trigone. Can you answer that for me? Lou LOU girl

Comment

Working...
              X