need a re-program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a re-program

I have to go in for a reprogram on Monday, and see my uro about my pain..

I have 3 dogs, and piper is a female, not fixed so doing the seperating thing.. I put a moveable section of cupboard between the door way and the kept knocking it over, and I had to kinda climb around it, it only budged so far.. In the process and in the middle of getting over it I slip, fall and hit my butt stim first on the corner of the cupboard.. happened.. I am still working, but all my stimulation has moved. I had to turn it up 7 or 8 beeps to feel it.. He might have me get an x-ray cus I hit hard. I am alos going to ask him about the new one and see if it would benifit me more..
    not for pain of course, but seeing my bladder is small maybe having the ability to move the stimulation around on my own it would be to my advantage.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Stim

I hope you didn't damage it and that they can move the stimulation for you. I fell on the ice when I had mine. Boy did it hurt!!! Hopefully the X-Ray will tell your Doctor for sure. If it did move and needs surgery, a new one would be nice.

Hope it goes well on Monday!

Kara
    Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
    http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

Thanks Kara, that is what I was thinking. I haven't been jolted lol thank god.. so I am sure all is well.
      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Cindy...I was just reading on another thread that you wanted a new one. Maybe this is why this happened. *she says as she shrugs her shoulders*
        Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
        http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Wow... I hope your doc can get you back to "normal" again. However, hey, if this is an opportunity to get a new one.... Maybe you can go for it!

Meanwhile, I'm glad you didn't get shocked or anything. However, 7 or 8 beeps is a lot! If I did that with mine I'd probably pass out. Your stimulation definitely moved!!
          Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
          *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
          *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
          *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Dang tigger, Im am sorry you slipped...OUCH! Hope you didnt hurt anything..
            Hugs
            Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
            http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
            http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
            Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
            Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
            Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
            Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I completly no how frustrating and irrat. this can be. Make sure they do an x-ray to check the leads. And sometimes they can not so how much they have moved. Once they got in there from my first one the leads were worse than what they thought. Hopefully all will go well. to you, and I pray you wont start the shocking like I was getting.
              God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
              www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
              Interstim Sept 2001
              1st InterStim Removal May 2005
              2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
              2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
              Hysterectomy 1999
              Tubes Tied 1997
              C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

I have 2 leads that are not working. other wise all is ok.. My pain is stress related.. imagine that me stressed He said it wasn't anything to worry about right now.. After I get things straight after the termination trial we will see how I am doing.. I will be starting the lift program at the hospital, it will help with stress pain, PFD, and fibromyalgia pressure point release.

He did tell me he admired my what I was doing and couldn't imagine the stress I am under with court dates and family issues. He could not believe that I had took him in with my medical issues and the pain that I am in. (I guess in a nice way he was telling me that my body is not up to the challenge of a toddler)
                He told me that I need to get a break from him, so I can unwind, and relax.
                The sad part of it he did tell me I will never be pain free with all this stress.. Even after its all over, it won't be over, because Jake is family

Comment

Tig that is one of the things working against mine right now. And I did not even fall or anything with this one. But anyway the 2 lead that are closer to the surface or the one for me that do not work. They can program it to where those 2 are off and use the other ones. Just keep an eye out in case other things should happen later on. Hopefully you will keep on having continued success with your InterStim and this accident wont hurt you in the long haul.

It is hard going through what you are right now and it is nearly impossible to get some you time with it all. I do hope maybe that you will be able to do this in the near future once all calms down with court dates and so forth. coming your way

My myspace link...

Patricia

Procedures:
                  Interstim Sept 2001
                  Hysterectomy 1999
                  Tubes Tied 1997
                  C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Comment

Oh btw did he do an x-ray on you?

My myspace link...

Patricia

Procedures:
                    Interstim Sept 2001
                    Hysterectomy 1999
                    Tubes Tied 1997
                    C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Comment

thanks patricia, no, he didn't do any x-rays.. but if I feel the slightest jolt I will will call him. Those leads are turned and have been for sometime. I didn't even know that.. today with the reprogram I got home at 12ish and it is 5:30 I have only peed two times.
                      He asked me a million and one questions about my fall, and he said that the stim is in a casing, and if I haven't had any other problems I will be ok, but if I do to come back in.. I see him in 3 months.

Comment

I am sure you will...I just get concerned when I hear about stuff like this. I guess it is just my nature lol. And sometimes even with an x-ray you cant tell they have moved.

My myspace link...

Patricia

Procedures:
                        Interstim Sept 2001
                        Hysterectomy 1999
                        Tubes Tied 1997
                        C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Comment

your right I, like you, say go and get it checked out. lol

Comment

Hi Cindy :

So sorry to hear what happen !!
                            I hope in your case is just that you need to have a good adjustment !!

I got my finger crossed that you will be up and running and back to where the setting is prefect for you Cindy..

Thinking of you my friend !!

Warm hugs, Debbie
                            Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Working...
                            X