pain meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pain meds

How many of you still take pain meds with the inner-stem and how much. My doc. explained to me that I would still need them on bad days. I was just wondering if any of you still have to take them on a daily basis and how much. Also did you have to take meds. after coming home from the hospital for the discomfort from where the wire was?? Then on the permanent one did you have to take them daily from the surgery??

Thanks,

Tami hi
    [email protected]

Hi hi
    I still take pain meds having the interstim... the interstim is not for pain, and all doctors need to know this.. and stop telling the patients it is....
    after the stage trial I took a weeks worth of Levaguin and the same with after the implant.
    you will have discomfort for a few dyas where the wires come out from the surgery.

brat
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

okay i have to put my two cents in here also. and it kind of makes me angery when i was going to the pain clinic they kept telling me i needed the interstim it would help my pain BUT i have read and done enough reserch on my own to know it isnt for pain and I also have a good friend that told me that off the bat to but i still did my reserch now with some people it may help some of there pain but if you want to get this for pain then i think i would look into the TENS UNIT first. good luck on what you decide to do but the inerstim is not for pain and i'm so sick of those doctor trying to tell us it is.
      Medicine taken daily or as needed:
      1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
      2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
      3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
      4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
      5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
      5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
      6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
      7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

I take Neurontin daily, for pain, and also wear Lidoderm patches for pain. They are talking about puting me on a TENS unit also. I flare pretty easily. When I came home from the hospital, I took vicodin every four hours to offset pain, and an antibiotic to make sure I didn't get an infection. I ended up sick to my stomach and had the mother of all yeast infections with the antibiotic, so if you are prone to those (mine was a strong antibiotic and I am prone) ask for Diflucan with it.

The pain for the implant was not bad at all, I took vicodin here and there, but it was much easier than the trial because you don't have wires coming out. Good luck, you will be just fine.
        Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

I agree InterStim is not for pain, but it helps some of my spasm problem. I used to have muscle spasm around my right bladder, but now it was under control. I don't know why, guess it was InterStim.

I still can't eat the no-no food on the list. Only need 12.5mg Elavil. That is lower than the dosage I used to take before InterStim (50mg impramine daily.

Comment

I'm not taking any pain meds. Before, I was taking pyridium plus and elavil.

Comment

hi...I still take pain meds because Interstim is NOT for pain....i have a urinary retention problem so it helps me empty my bladder. The pain remains. tina

Comment

Working...
              X