Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerve Stimulation

Hello everybody!
    My name is Nicole and I am first time user of message boards. So please bare with me.
    I just got done with my week trail of the Interstim Stimulation. Tommorow I am going to find out the date of the impant surgery. It is so nice to know that I am not alone. This is a very scary time for me. My big worry is that it is not going to work. I have tried everything else, and this is my last resort. Has any one experienced this kind of anxity? Any information on this subject is greatly appreciated.

Has anyone that is overweight by 50 pounds or more had the Interstim implant? I am overweight and wondering how this will effect the out come. Thanks for all your help!

Nicole

[This message has been edited by Nickmak (edited 01-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Nickmak (edited 01-14-2001).]
    nickmak

Welcome Nicole
    I was totally scared out of my mind when I had my trial done. But, it worked immediately and I held nothing but positive thoughts for the surgery and everything worked out very well for me. I had my surgery done in Sept 99 and it has completely changed my life.
    I am so glad that drs are offering this as an option now. Just make sure that your dr has done the surgery before and everything should work out just fine!
    tons of luck teri
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Hi Nicole:
      I know you are scared as we all were when we went for surgery..
      It is really not that bad at all..
      I found the InterStim trial worst then the InterStim Implant..
      Why don't you read on the web site all about it go to www.interstim.com and also the company that makes the InterStim is called Medtronic and you can call them at 1-800-664-5111 ext.3000 and ask for them to send a video of the whole procedure and then you can see what it is all about ok..
      I had my Implant done on April 20, 1999 and I am blessed each and every day of life..
      Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing and please post again and ask as many questions that is why we are here for you ok Nicole!!
      Hugs Debbie
      Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Working...
      X