Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today Is My Two Year Anniversary With My Implant :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today Is My Two Year Anniversary With My Implant :)

Well two years ago today I had the InterStim Implant done and I have been blessed with the most wonderful gift in my life...

I would say there were ups and downs at first with all the different adjustments being maded and all the different sorts of feeling of stimulation in area that were not to nice, but after time it got better and better..

I am back working , which in my mind I thought I would never ever be able to work again,and I am back to my normal self now!!!

I say it was a gift from God that I received this procedure.
    I went to so many doctors no one knew what to do for me and then I meet this most wonderful doctor that knew this procedure..
    It is a true mircale that I am the way I am now...
    I have meet so many wonderful people on the boards to name a few my bionic twin Ruth she and I were there for each other all the way and still are, it was so nice to be able to meet her in person,that was so wonderful for me this past year too..
    Also Teri ,Dede, Kelly, Kelly, Rhonda, Sandy,
    Dana, Meghan, Kara, I could go on and on naming many more,these are all my wonderful bionic sisters for life too!!

I am blessed each and everyday of life and I am so thankful today, this is my special day and I am just so happy too!!

~~~Hugs~~~ Debbie

Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

(((((((Debbie)))))))))
    Thanks for sharing that with us. it is encouraging and helpful to hear of your success with InterStim.
    Hugs,
    y.
    Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

Comment

{{{{{Debbie}}}}} Congratulations...I am glad to hear you are doing well and working too! XOXOXOXOX

------------------
      Hugs, Julie B

[email protected]
      Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
      IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
      IC Diet Website
      For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
      Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
      Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
      IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

I think it's wonderful that this works for you.

Warm hugs,
        Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

{{{{{{{{{Debbie}}}}}}}}}}}

Congratulations my friend!!!!! Although I'm not a bionic sister.. though technically as a SANS patient... I guess I am... I hope that you consider me a friend too!

Jill
          Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Hi Jill:
            I sure do consider you my friend as well as my bionic sister too!!!!

~~~Hugs~~~Debbie

Comment

Hi Deb,

Well two years Doesn't seem like it was that long ago Me, still pushing on actually I counted them finally 10 months now, and still working thru some of the bugs,but alot better than this time last year. Tailbone is feeling alot better now but I think I might need an adjustment as retention is increasing again. Must have got your cancelled appt for Monday. I know when he has done adjustments before the retention has settled down.
              A little disraught today, worried about my stepfather and his foot. They have not decided what they are going to do yet. Doctor consultations. He will be in hospital for awhile I think. He looked tired to day. It was a change me being visitor instead of patient.
              Anyway,,,,congrats that things are still going well and hope your appt goes well when you go in...
              Sandy

Comment

I printed out your post, and you had my mom and I in tears--- I want that to be ME!!!

I am so happy for you.

Amanda
                ([email protected])

Comment

Debbie,

Thanks for including me as your sister!
                  I am celebrating for you! I'm feeling so much better as well and I thank God for finding someone who could help me! I hope that ohters out there can find doctors to help them as well!

Debbie,

Your kind words always mean so much to me. You are and always will be a wonderful person to me!!!

A BIG HUG!!!!!

Love,

Kara

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all their nice wishes and to all my wonderful friends too!!!

Amanda, think positive thoughts and all my prayers and good thoughts are with you that this will be the procedure for you!!!
                    You will have your ups and downs at first but please try not to get discouraged ok!!!

Kara,thanks for your kinds words that means so much to me..
                    I am so happy that you are getting some good results now and just think positive thoughts ok!!!

~~~Hugs~~~ Debbie

I wish that everyone could get the wonderful results as I have and I mean this from the bottom of my heart as well!!!

Comment

Dear Debbie,
                      I'm so glad that you've found relief with Interstim. It's great that you found something that works for you!
                      Love,
                      Alexa
                      My story of healing and hope http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/alexa.html

Comment

Congrats to a VERY SPECIAL person who helped me so very very much when it came my time...doesn't seem possible that we've been together that long, does it?!?!?!?!?!
                        All my hugs ~ teri
                        teri
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

YEAH!!! Congrats!!! It will be coming up my 1st year this summer! I still have some trouble with retention when I get these wonderful kidney stones or infections but everytime I don't have to cath it's worth it to me!!!!

Comment

Happy for you.

Huggs

Lorie

Comment

Debbie, I know you are having some Interstim problems right now and that I am also 2 weeks late with this but Happy Anniversary and may you look forward to many more

-Nancy

Comment

Working...
                              X