Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap!!!!!! I think I botched it!!!!

OOOH I am so mad at myself!
    i was really thirsty last nite and between 8pm dn midnite I drank 2 diet sodas, 3 12oz glasses of water and 2 cups of coffee (IC Safe and decaf) then frequncy kicked in at 1:00 am at an average volume of 150cc. THe other lead they taped up as a back up keeps comming uptaped and dangling down. And......the control on the battery pack, if I'm up walking around I can tolerate on "1" Laying or sitting down I can (have to?) crank it up to 3-4 to feel the stimulation. What am I doing wrong? Does anybody else thing I might have ruined this????? HELP!!! oh SH*T! I am so upset with myself....Crap, crap, crap!!!!
    Well this creepy girl is gonna go pee some more in that little "hat" they gave me.
    y.
    Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

Yvette, give yourself sometime, the trial give it a day or so,some of us did not get any results until a couple of days or so,so hang in ok.
    I had the problem of having the bandage come off and went to the hospital to have them bandage up again, if it is hanging to much the wire, go to the hospital and have it bandage, you don't want the lead wire to come out ok Yvette..
    I know it is hard to have patients at this time, but please hang in there, alot of us are very different in the way the trial work for us ok..
    Good luck..
    Keep us posted ok..
    Hugs ebbie
    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

I don't think you botched it -you just drank too much at night. Besides oiding volume of 150 cc sounds pretty good to me. Try drinking less tonight and see waht your frequency is.

The other thing I wanted to mention, because alot of people post concerns about this- you do not necessarily need to crank up the stim very high. In fact the less stim you need the closer to the nerve the electrode was placed and that is good. It does not matter what you are cranked up to but what kind of symptom relief you get. More is not necessarily better. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Comment

Thanks so much for your responses!!!! I think I'm being a little harsh on myself. Its been years of freq. & urg. and I have forgotten what its like to feel normal. I think I was expecting instant gratification....how foolish of me
        THe stimulation is kind of annoying in that it feels like someone is "goosing" my lower left butt cheek or "goosing" a portion of my left labia...sorry, but its true. To clear matters up I have 2 leads taped, the left one is plugged in right now. The one onthe right came uncoiled out of its neat little package..so I had to reorganize it and retape it to my backside. I guess that's the trend now, to leave 2 leads in. It elminates the need to schedule a 2nd trial. I can just unplug one adn hookup the beeper-like device to the other lead.

Again, thanks so much for your support. I just want it to work so bad I get swept away on the 'wave' of anxiety, frustraion and preconceived notions of what I should feel. I will try adn post back with positive things next time...
        hugs,
        y.
        PS I'm sure I have more questions too. I really do appreciate all your insight and help.
        Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

Comment

Working...
        X