Home from Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home from Surgery

Wow, was that easier than I expected! I was admitted to the hospital at 7:30AM, was operated on by 9AM and WALKED out of the hospital at 5PM! I didn't have to stay the night! It's now been 24 hours and I feel fine. Just taking it easy as far as getting up and walking around, but I am not in any pain at all. They turned the stimulator on at a very low setting but isn't helping me yet (this helps some and doesn't help others). I am going to the doctor's office in a week to get it turned on for real. I was very lucky in that I spoke to a friend of mine before the surgery and she told me to ask for the anti-nausea stuff for the anesthesia. I wasn't nauseated at all. I ate lunch by 12PM and was fine. Why wouldn't they give everyone this anti-nausea stuff??
    Also, my doctor is great. He only made one incision and it is basically a continuation of the crack between your butt cheeks. It is only about 2 or 3 inches, but it's the only one I have. I can feel the unit, but I'm also assuming some of it is swelling and will go down.
    Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I am doing really well so far and tell those of you with an upcoming surgery that it is not bad at all. Now let's just get this sucker working!! :-)

Hope everyone is having a great holiday.

Dana

Hi Dana :
    How wonderful, you did real well with the surgery....
    Wow, left the same day from the hospital..
    So I am glad you found the surgery not so bad after all..
    Yes, please let us know when you get the Implant turn on..
    I am just so happy for you Dana..
    I had a wonderful Christmas and looking forward to a wonderful New Year..
    Please take care and remember , please don't over do yourself as you will pay for it later , for sure ok!!!
    Have a great holiday Dana !!

Hugs: Debbie
    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Congratulations it went so well!! Really curious about only having one incision. Is that a new method you doctor is using? Where is the unit sitting?
      Take care and do not over do it!

Comment

I'm not really sure if making one incision is a new thing for my doctor or what. As i was getting prepped for the surgery, he told me that he only makes one incision. I said "okay!" and that was it. I have no idea how he did it. The unit is placed in the upper portion of my left buttock.
        I went out to dinner the second night and was fine. I'm not lifting anything heavy and trying not to bend too much either. I will call the doctor's tomorrow to make an appointment for next week to get turned on. I can feel the stimulation even though it is very low. I'm hoping after a month or whenever that I will no longer be able to feel it. Is that what happened to some of you? He has it on the on-off control right noe, so I feel it for 15 seconds and then it goes off for 5 seconds. It can get really annoying! :-)
        Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I am still doing fine.

Hope everyone is having a happy holiday!

Dana

Comment

Working...
        X