Interstim a success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interstim a success!

I am sooo glad to have bladder relief. To not pee every 1/2 hour or so is just an amazing thing to me. I can't explain it. I know that a lot of people think that Interstim is a bad treatment and this and that, and everyone has a right to their opinions, but I can't understand why it is knocked if it does help people??

Anyway, I was in a little flare-up, but from hormones (they ALWAYS make me flare!) and by turning my Interstim up a little bit, my flare has calmed down quite a bit. It's nice to not have that nagging feeling in my bladder, or literally feeling my bladder fill with urine.

And for once in a really long time, I am actually able to void more than 3 ounces at a time! It's a miracle for me! I just can't express enough how much this has changed my life.

I've not seen many "success stories" on here...maybe it's because I've only been around for 7 months, or maybe it's because no one posts that they love theirs, I don't know, just glad to have mine in! I thank God for giving me this gift everyday.

Hugs and love,
    Jess grouphug
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Jess, thats great Iam so happy for you
    Brat
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Hi Brat and Betsie--

Thanks I really do love my Interstim. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that I had it done. Now that the bladder is healing, got one down, and 2 to go!!! (Fibro and hormones lmao )

Wish me luck!!

Hugs and love,
      Jess :p hat

Comment

Hi Jess, that really is wonderful news! It's so nice to hear that you're doing well and that you're feeling good. I hope that it's giving you more strength to take on #2 and #3. Best of luck with them! little bear

Comment

Hooray Jess! That's so wonderful to hear! It's similar to how I felt once the IC meds started kicking in, especially the Elavil. Suddenly I wasn't thinking about and being hyperaware of my bladder all day long. Isn't it great to have some relief finally?

Hopefully you'll get some relief from the fibro and hormones (the hormones were driving me crazy with flares too) so you and your very sweet-sounding hubby can get out and enjoy being young and in love!!
          Namaste

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The most important medicine is tender love and care" - Mother Teresa

Proud mother of Ahleia, born on April 9, 2007

-----------------------
          Diagnosed with:
          IC, OAB, Congenital urethral stricture, IBS, Vulvar vestibulitis, Heart murmur, Congenital cervical stenosis...but otherwise doing great!

Meds:
          Currently in remission, but took the following for 3 years: Elmiron 200 mg., Elavil 25 mg., Detrol LA 4mg, Ovcon-35

Health treatments/practices:
          Kripalu yoga, Chiropractic, Massage therapy and Reiki

Comment

That is great news Jess. thanks for sharing it with us.
            Hang in there , There is hope.
            There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Hi Little Bear, Poet, and Deb!!

I am so very glad to have that feeling of relief. Thank heavens for small miracles!!! As for the other two problems... banghead Life can be cruel...but I am very grateful to have my bladder under control!!!

Hugs and love,
              Jess grouphug

Comment

Jess, was so happy to read your post about the success with your interstim, I know that it must help you and your bladder a lot, great news to know that you are not a frequent bathroom visitor any more, hugs and love Iris grouphug
                Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

I'm so happy for you !!!!!!!!!!! wink

Comment

couldnt be happier for you girl. Now you can get your life back to what it once was!!

Comment

Thanks Iris, Mary, and Mayray--

All I can say is "wahoo!!!!"

I wish I could avoid flares, though!! banghead

Comment

Congradulations!! I am so glad that the interstim is working for you!!! You can try to avoid the flares by watching what you eat and lots of water.
                        I am so happy for you.
                        Jane.
                        I used to be Jd.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Comment

I am very happy for you that it worked. As you know it did not work for me. I had fantasies about being able to work again. Do you work or are you on disability. Does SS think just because you have the interstim that you are not disabled?
                          carly

Comment

Hi Jane and Carly-- hi

Well I am currently not working and trying to get SSD because on top of the IC I have Fibro and that is making life pretty miserable. But about the Interstim and SSD--I don't think they can turn you down because of that, because it isn't a cure and it doesn't help with pain. I might be wrong, but Brat has the Interstim and is on SSD. Hope this helps.

I really wanted the Interstim to work for you! Keep me posted.

Hugs and love,
                            Jess

Comment

Jess-------I am sooooooooooooooooo glad that the
                              interstim is working for you. I just celebrated my 1 year anniversary last week. It is really
                              nice to have your life back again! Just be sure to take it easy until you are completely healed. I know that it's hard to do, but so worth it!
                              Kathy grouphug

Comment

Working...
                              X