Air travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air travel

I just thought I would let people know that I recently went on holidays and had to go through the airport security etc. I had my card but they never even really looked at. I didn't have to identify what kind of medical device I had or where it was. They hand frisked me. My daughter tells me that they frisk them better than that at music concerts. They never even checked pockets or anything below the waist. No problems even in the airport in Dominician Republic.
    I did have to turn my simulator off when walking off the plane tthrough to cutoms at Toronto. I am not sure if it was because of all the planes in the small area around us but I was having some electrical discomfort. Not really pain it just felt really funny. I have been zapped in store security so I decided not to risk that pain when I could feel something strange happening inside me. Anyway good to be back!

I don't use the Interstim...but this is very interesting...I never thought about going through security with one. I have worried about my medications and having to use the restroom of course.

It will be interesting to hear other people's stories....

Glad you are home safely!

------------------
    Hugs, Julie B

[email protected]
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Working...
    X