HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!

I am experienceing the worst retention ever!!!!!!!!! I can't pee at all.....in the past 4 days I can only go 3 times a day. I am in agony!!!!!! I was sick last week with a cold. All of my meds are the same no changes. I took one sudafed and one benadryl and I have not been the same since. Both caused the retention. What the hell should I do. I did not work all last week because of the cold and at the end of the week because of the retention. I usually go every hour so this is HELLLLL!!! Should I take a stool softener, I think I might be constipated and I know sometimes when I have to go #2, it's hard to pee until I do that first????

Please help if you know what to do

Kara

Kara, call your doctor or go to the hospital.
    If you are you not peeing, do you have a catheter??
    If not they can do it for you at the hospital ok..
    I don't think having a cold has cause you stop peeing..
    Your retention can be cause by stress ok Kara..
    I know you are not feeling well, for your relief, I would just go and see if you need to have a catheter ok Kara..
    It will sure make you feel better..
    Keep me posted, I do hope you feel better..
    You might have a bad infections in your sinus too, so you may need some antibiotic too..
    Debbie
    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Debbie,

Thank Your for your reply. I called my doc he told me to get into a hot bath asap for a little while to see if that would work. It did but I guess I will have to keep doing it ever hour??? He said if the bath doesn't work to go to the ER for a cath. I hate this more than I hate IC. It hurts so bad. It's like having a piece of glass in your eye that you can't get out!!! He said that some people who have IC, thier bladders just give up sometimes....He said I should be better by Monday>......

I'll keep you posted I hope I am better by monday because Ihave to work.

Kara

Comment

Kara, believe me I know what that feeling is like, when my bladder muscle just went,I could not get the doctor , so I went to the hospital and all thought the paper work, it took me at least four hours before a doctor could do my cath...
        It is the most horrible feeling in the world..
        I am glad the warm bath help.
        So take care of yourself and don't hesitate to go to the hospital if you get worst ok
        I hope are feeling better real soon Kara..

Hugs Debbie
        Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Kara, I am so sorry you are having such trouble! I am in the exact same boat. I have had a cold (Igot from my hubby) foir several weeks. At first IU thought my new newer meds were helping me go less often. I too "normally" go every hour on average. I am only going a few times a day where I can actually get any pee out. Last night I fell asleep on the toilet trying to pee and woke up cold and miserable about 2 hrs later. I was on antibiotics and other meds like phenergan forthe cough. I went to my PCP three times re this cold. As did my hubby. They say the colds are toough to beat this year. Anyway, I sit and sit feeling desperate to go and no luck for quite a while if at all. Even my hubby who is a veteran IC hubby has been asking me where I was when I am trying to pee!? I am also taking diuretics because some of my meds cause edema swelling of the ankles and joints. My normally skinny ankles (THe only Skinny part of me left HAHA) are ballooned out and even my toes have creases at the joints! I took twice the normal meds for it yesterday and still today was only a little better. Also hass anyone taken atarax or hycosamine or ritalin and experienced a sore tongue? I went to the dr as it was painful even thru my pain meds!? My tongue was actually splitting and sore and bumpy. I am trying to rule each new med out as my dr told mew but it hurts meanwhile. Also I am driking less because even water hurts my tongue. I had my feet up with ice packs because I cant get any of my shoes on from the swelling. I feel like the blueberry girl in Willy Wonka, like my skin is going to split open from the pressure! I will call my dr on Monday. I was just there on Thursday. I also got my period 7 days late again and its not normal. I am at a loss and I am trying to get outhome ready so I can go to a dr in TX in a few weeks! Sorry, I guess this should have been 2 posts. One here and one in venting. Hope you are better! I went #2 a lot yesterday and I too have it like you, BUT this time I got no releif. Hope you have more luck! ((HUGS)) Ange

Comment

Ange,

You sound like you are going thorugh a lot.
            Having experienced retention many times after surgery I know what you mean about pain. I have not got any great words of wisdom. Warm showers running over the pelvis was a strategy that worked for me as well as imagery. I could feel the muscles were tight and had to relax them so I used the same imagery skills you use in child birth. I eventually ended up learning how to self cath. and it made life much easier.
            Hope you are feeling better today

Comment

Hi I sure know the feeling of retention and not being able to empty my bladder I have the interstim and still cannot fully empty my bladder and have pelvic pain. I have to cath alot and that is better than nothing. You shouldbe shown how to self cth. Use RUBBER caths not vinyl ones they are brutal. use a lubricant. It is fairly easy once you learn how to do it. I have been doing it for three yers now. In reality no worse than putting a tampon in if you use those. Watch when you use self caths as they can cause some inflammation and infection and if that happens you should go onot an antibiotic.
              Sandy

Comment

Working...
              X