My cheek hurts and I'm getting reprogrammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cheek hurts and I'm getting reprogrammed

What can I expect at a reprogramming? This is my first one.

LOL and my butt cheek hurts...boy you really can't sit on that side too long!!!

~Thanx~

Jess grouphug
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Hi Jess,

All they do is just attach a phone like device up to your Implant..
    It does not hurt other then when he is doing the adjustment by putting it up higher, you will feel the stimulation a bit stronger then before and until he gets it to where it feel good for you Jess.
    It does not take very long, good luck and I hope you will get some of the stimulation out of your leg and toe area.
    I still feel it sometime in my leg if I happen to turn the remote control up to high..
    I really don't mind it at all as of the wonderful results I am having with the InterStim Implant.

Let us know how it went for you Jess.

Yes Jess I remember my butts cheeks hurting for awhile.. lmao lmao

Hugs, Debbie
    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

jess i will be praying for you! grouphug
      Medicine taken daily or as needed:
      1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
      2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
      3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
      4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
      5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
      5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
      6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
      7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Hi Jess, and good luck with the reprogramming, let us know how you get on. By the way did reply to your PM. Hope you are feeling better now, sounds like you were really hurting last week. Been wondering how you were doing, big hug to you Jess, mum Iris hi grouphug
        Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Hi Jess, Good luck with your reprogramming! Best wishes, little bear.

Comment

Hmmm sounds like the programming is a lot like the surgery, messing with the frequency. Guess I better get ready to watch my toe curl! lmao lmao Oh well, just want to get back to feeling good IC wise. Thanx everyone!

Hugs and love,
            Jess

Comment

Jess:

Just to remind you that after your dr tune up your InterStim, make sure that you try other positions. such as sitting, standing up, walking and see if you can feel the stimulation on your foot or leg.

For me, some stimulation gets stronger on my leg when sitting with my upper body leaning foward.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Hi Peiti--

I know exactly what you mean. When I lean a certain way or move my foot away, then the stimulation stops, but if I keep it in line my toes curl. Can't wait to get reprogrammed!

Comment

Jess,
                  I have had a few reprograms from weight lose as we talked about... they take an antania and put it to your device they then run a test to check it all out you might feel a shock during this. it dont hurt then they try several different settings till you are comfortable
                  Brat
                  'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Hi everyone--

Thanks for all your help. Sorry if it was a stupid question. I guess it irritates people when stupid questions get asked. I've never been reprogrammed and am looking forward to it. Hope you all are feeling well, and thanks again for everything.

grouphug

Comment

Jess,
                      no question is ever dumb despite what other people say...they are just being catty, you will be fine for your interstim reprogram.
                      Brat
                      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Best of luck, Jessica. I hope it goes well. Be sure to let us know after --- okay?

Warm healing thoughts,
                        Donna
                        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug
                          Hang in there , There is hope.
                          There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Jessica,

Interstims are either cycled-where they turn on with a soft start get greater intensity and then work there way back down until they stop for a few seconds; or they are constant the same stimulation unless you turn it off/up/down.

If your Interstim is cycled they usually will turn it on constant to test it. Make sure before you leave that it is they way it is supposed to be for you. I have left the office before excited about my reprogramming only to figure out in an hour that it's been left on constant accidently...Not fun!

Good luck with your appointment.

Jen
                            IC dx 1996
                            Interstim 2000 removed & reimplanted 2001 & 2004
                            Hunners ulcers
                            urgency/frequency
                            Pain

Comment

I hope you are feeling well by now!!!!!
                              lots of hugs !!!!! grouphug

Comment

Working...