Interstim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interstim

Has anyone had the staged trial for the Interstim? I had it done three days ago and am seeing some success. My problem was pelvic floor dysfunction and IC. Figure I'll have to wait another day or two to get rid of surgery aches to see if the PFD symptoms are gone -- don't notice any right now. Anybody else with these problems who had the Interstim? Thanks.
    Beth

Hi Beth:
    I have PFD and I have IC as well ...
    I did not have the staged trial, but I did have the trial before I got the InterStim Implant..
    There is others on the board that did the staged, but I do not know if they had PFD,I hope some will post for you..
    I had the InterStim Implant for almost two years now, been doing just wonderful with it and I am blessed each and everyday of life ..
    I am different asI had my bladder muscle just die overnight and was unable to pee for two years and half,and had to self cath.
    When I had the Implant turn on,a hour later I was able to pee on my own ..
    It was just a wonderful experience too!!
    I do not have anymore problem with PFD so far..
    As I tell everyone on this board, we all so different in how we all handle the InterStim as well.
    Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing, we are all here for you Beth , if you have any more question ok.

Hugs Debbie
    Last edited by DebbieB; 06-30-2007, 03:04 AM. Reason: error in write up
    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Hi Beth, I had the staged implant on July 31 last year. I had it in for 5 weeks but saw no improvement. They tried every setting they could (the Medtronic rep) and still no luck. I am currently considering botox blocks of the pudendal nerve. Dr Richard Schmidt (who told me he invented the interstim) is the one who will do it. He is not on Blue Cross at present and we are waiting for him to get back on the list. Good luck, Carole Williams

Comment

I thoguht this was a WONDERFUL interstim success story to bring back to surface... I am sitting bored outta my mind and gonig thru old posts...
        hugs
        Brat
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Hi Brat;

I must clarify some thing that I typed on the message above ...
          I DO have IC and was diagnosed in 1996 by having a cystoscopic with hydro and also a biopsy of my bladder..
          I am sorry but I guess I should of poof read what I had type that day...

Debbie
          Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

thats ok .... We all make some major typo's here and there.. I knew you had IC... I didn't give it a second thoguht but glad you clarified it fo the others
            Brat
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Does anyone know if interstim help urinary retention neurogenic bladder that causes ic?

thanks
              Kim

Comment

Kim I have the Interstim. I do not know if it will help if you have retention...Interstim is for freq and urgency. It send pulse to the sacral nerves to help cut the feeling down of having to go to the bathroom all of the time. If you are having problems with not be able to feel the need to go to the bathroom I am not sure that this would work for you. As cuts down on the feeling of having to go all the time. Make sure you do your homework and talk to other patients that you dr has done this on....Maybe someone else will come along and know more...
                God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
                www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
                Interstim Sept 2001
                1st InterStim Removal May 2005
                2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
                2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
                Hysterectomy 1999
                Tubes Tied 1997
                C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

Thanks patricia

Comment

Interstim

I had urinary retention and NOT IC - and I had PFD with spasms. I've had the interstim 1 year, no longer need to use catheter, no more PFD and the spasms are decreasing. My bladder still ACTS like it has IC (which is why I'm on the IC diet) but will take many years to heal (nerve damage) from growing to hold 26oz of urine before I got the interstim. The interstim only CURED MY PAIN BECAUSE I had pelvic pain due to urinary retention and spasms...not IC.

Comment

Working...
                    X