For those who have been injured/for all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who have been injured/for all

I haven't been on these boards for some time and I am so sorry to see the experiences people are having.
    I had the ANS/Neuromed implant in Memphis and as a result - I have disabling back pain and permanent nerve damage. I would like to say something encouraging to the Medtronic people - according to docs here, you can't be hurt in the same manner with the Interstim. The Neuromed ENTERS at L5 in the middle of the back. Urologists cannot operate their and have to approach Caudally (at the base of the spine.) It is harder to "get to" the nerves from a caudal approach. But, it is much more dangerous to try to go in through the spinal cord.
    I know people have been hurt both ways. It has taken A VERY long time for me to even be able to discuss this and now I think it will be theraputic. It is wonderful to see that their are many of you who understand. The emotional let down of it not working is one thing, but being worse of because of it is a hard pill to swallow. This meassage to all ---NO MATTER WHO IS DOING THE SURGERY OR WHICH BRAND IT IS, BE CAREFUL IN YOUR DECISION, DONT DO IT UNLESS YOU KNOW THE RISKS AND THEY ARE WORTH IT TO YOU --
    Take care,
    Sydney

Sydney, Do you think that your Interstim from Medtronic's had done the nerve damage that you have recieved? I know this must be quite upseting for you. Be well,Catamia

------------------
    Catamia
    Catamia

Comment

Siddy
      I had the ANS put in on 12/5 and have had terrible back pain since the surgery. My IC pain is also worse as well as a constant stim feeling even when the box is off. They also have not been able to get the box programmed properly yet. My email is [email protected] I would love to talk to you as I am very disappointed and scared. Dr Brookoff said he did not think the back pain was due to the surgery. HA Please contact me if you would I really could use your input and would be a caring sympathetic ear for you.

Comment

Claire,
        I am sorry for you - Keep in mind there is post op pain. I sent you an email.
        Take care

Comment

I have had the ANS implanted in 1999 with no luck at all. It only gave me added severe back and nerve pain, along with added doctor's office calls to have it programmed with no luck whatsoever. My doctor promised me 85% pain free and I received 100% more pain. The only way I would reccomend this unit would be as a last alternative and make sure you read everything about it and know EXACTLY what you're getting into. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me: [email protected] Sending gentle hugs, Tx-Brenda.

Comment

Siddy, I misunderstood what kind of implant that you had put in. sory. You did say something in you statment about no matter which brand it is you could recieve nerve damage. Are you also talking about the Medtronic interstim as well? What is your take on this?

------------------
            Catamia
            Catamia

Comment

Originally posted by Catamia:
              Siddy, I misunderstood what kind of implant that you had put in. sory. You did say something in you statment about no matter which brand it is you could recieve nerve damage. Are you also talking about the Medtronic interstim as well? What is your take on this?

What I meant to say is there there could be "complications" with any stimulator, or surgery at all, for that matter. But no, what happened to me is NOT POSSIBLE with the Interstim procedure. My surgery was done by a neurosurgeon as has a different approach anatomically.
              I hope that helps.
              Siddy

Comment

Hi Siddy:
                Thanks for your information ..
                It is good to hear the bad and good of any kind of Stimulator procedure or any kind of surgery..
                There is really not enough feed back about all the different kinds of stimulator out in the market until someone posted it on the board.
                Yes, there can be "Complications" from any stimulator or surgery for sure..
                Take care:
                Debbie

Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Working...
                X