Interstim causing retention???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interstim causing retention???

My interstim has been giving me trouble since December 2010. It doesn't seem to control my urge to go at times. I sometimes feel like I have to go all the time and then it will just quit and control the urge. I've had the interstim since April 2007 and it has controled my urge really quite well. Today I was told I was retaining quite a bit of urine when I go. I am wondering if I have had it turned up to high controling the urge the last few months. We put the stimulation back in the original place and will check it again in a month to see if I'm still retaining and the interstim is controlling the urge. Has anyone else had this happen?

I wonder if the device is going dead. Have you had it checked? I started having various IC type problems over several months last fall and spring this year and kept turning it up and down. I would get relief for a little bit but then it would flare up again. By the time I even thought that something might be wrong with my device it had died completely and I had to go 6 weeks without a working one! That's when I realized just how much it does work.

Anyway, just a thought. Hope things get better for you!
    Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
    Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
    Interstim replacement June 2011
    Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
    Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

Comment

I've thought about that as the reason for this problem but the reprogrammer assure me that everthing is working OK. It seems to have help things to have moved it back to the original position. He told me to set and wait when I went to see if I could or needed to go more. That feeling is not there anymore. But I somtimes still have a vague feeling of needing to go. I think that when I find the right setting we'll will not have that anymore. I'm still going to keep that in mind though. It's hard to live without your Interstim once you are used to them.

Comment

Working...
      X