Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interstim surgery

Hi,
    Had my interstim implanted Monday, Wow, it was a piece of cake. Went in at 7am out by 11am. They tried the left side first but didn't get a good responce so they put the lead on the right.Acually stopped on the way home to buy a cordless phone. I have had NO pain, Dr. gave me perscript. for pain med but didn't even get it filled. I was out on Thursday helping my son plant a tree. This was even easier than the trial. Dr. told me to wait till I go back to see him next Thursday to turn it on. Keeping my fingers crossed for good results.
    Thanks-- Lee

Hey Lee! Woo Hoo!!! That's great about your surgery -- highly unusual--but REALLY Great!!! Hope the rest of your healing continues well...just humor me, say you'll be cautious and don't bust a stitch.

Keep us posted on your continued success!!! hi
    Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

Comment

LEE TAKE IS EASY!!! PLEASE DO NOT LIFT OR BEND!! THERE ARE CHANCES THAT THE LEAD CAN MOVED. YOU GOT WATCH WHAT YOU DO FOR ABOUT 4 WEEKS. I HAD THE OLD TRAIL STUDY DONE IN NOV. 2000 THEN THE IMPLANT PUT IN APRIL 2001. I HAD REVISION DONE IN AUG. 2001 BECAUSE MY LEAD HAD MOVED. THEN JUST HAD IT TAKEN OUT LAST MONTH BECAUSE I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT. JUST HAD THE BOTOX DONE LAST MONDAY. DO TAKE IT EASY. DO YOU HAVE THE STAGE TRAIL DONE?? DEBORAH kissing

Comment

Thanks for replys, since I was the frist one to get an interstim in this area I guess they didn't really tell me all the things I shouldn't do.
        When I asked the discharge nurse about restrictions she just said " well I guess just don't be scooting around on the floor". I didn't see the doctor after surgery as he started on the next patient. Thanks Lee

Comment

Lee------the same thing happened to me. Luckily, I had my trial surgery at the hospital that knew all about interstim. However, my doctor moved to another area, so when I had the permanent surgery
          done, the hospital staff didn't know much about the post-op restrictions. However, I remembered the restrictions that I had before. DO NOT BEND OR LIFT. You don't want to do anything that could move your lead wires. Also, do not cross your legs (something I did not think of). It was
          suggested that I rest & not drive 4-6 weeks. Call your Medtronic Rep, & your doctor. This is too important to mess it up now! I know that it
          seems like such a long time, but it's worth it!
          Kathy

Comment

Thanks for some very encourging news.. kissing
            I am going in on wed 4/2 for my trail interstim. I have talked with someone else that had there trial put in too and there results we favorable. blink
            I am scared to go in, yet, anxious to get it done. I was told by my dr that he is postive that I will be pleased with the results and it will help me alot.
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

hey brat,

It's me michelli, everything will be fine. I am not going to lie to you it can be a little painful at times, ask for pain meds after your procedure. As I told you they poked me 5 times to get the right response. I am glad they hooked up the left side first because I got wonderful results with that side, I switched to the the right on Thursday and not that goood results from the the tight side , it i turn it up to much i get pain in my leg. at least I got relief for the left side and that positive. Good luck with your trial i hope it works.

Lisa

Comment

Working...
              X