lead moved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lead moved?

I have the interstim, do you know if it can move out of place after 9 months? I help lift a 50 pounds luggage (it was not that much that I lifted!) and I feel a little different (in a different place) the stimulation... I"M VERY SCARED, do you think it can move after all those months after surgery?

Hi lucia,

I would just think that you need to have it adjusted.
    It could of been the way you lifted that may have change the setting a bit.
    I have had my InterStim over four years and I had many adjustments from time to time thinking that what I had done may have moved it to..

Hang in there lucia.

Debbie
    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

i'M SCARED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!
      I'll call my doctor, but I asked him after surgery that if I was able to lift things etc... and he told me that it is imposible that the lead can move after 2 months after surgery...

so you think that it can't move?

Comment

Hi Lucia,
        I think it may be possible it moved if you lifted that much...but I have no idea what size person you are with how much strength.

If I go to the gym I can do seated cable rows and assisted squats with in and arounds 80lbs at a time. But if you lifted it improperly or put any kind of strain on your lower back, it could be that muscles are sliding over the stimulated area differently (b/c they've shifted) . This could account for feeling the stimulation in a different spot than you normally would.

If you are really concerned by all means, request an xray to see if the lead has moved--especially if the device isn't working for you in a positve manner.

I hope you find an answer soon!
        y. hi
        Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

Comment

don't be scared you probably need to be reprogrammed...... I had my interstim in 4/16 and got re-programed 5/13..... Every so often you may have to do that and its normal... as long as you have no pain, and its workong I think there is miminal concern, what did your doctor say?
          brat
          'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I'm thinking about the interstim...
            but it scares me... can the lead move as easy as that?

Comment

Working...
            X