No announcement yet.

Looking for a doctor who can remove my stage 1 interstim

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for a doctor who can remove my stage 1 interstim

    I know this sounds like a strange question, but I don't feel comfortable going back to the doctor who did this to me. I went to this doctor for chronic pain associated with my IC, he suggested the interstim and that it wasn't approved for pain , but would help me. I agreed and have since learned that it is not for pain. This same dr. is accusing me of being a drug addict and wants to put me in a hospital for withdrawl.
    I live in N. Florida, and I need to find a doctor. I can travel to have the surgery but would prefer to have the surgery done here in Florida. If you know of a doctor , please let me know. The wire is so sore, and I really want it out.
    Thanks so much....again I will say, I just don't know what I'd do right now without the support of the people from this site.

    Hugs to all,

  • #2
    I'm sorry you're stuck in such a difficult situation. There is a physician listing on this site --- just scroll to the top of this page and click on "site map" --- then follow the links to find Florida uros. These are physicians who have been recommended by other IC patients.

    I hope you are able to find a really good one.

    Warm hugs,
    Stay safe

    Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center -
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) -

    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

    Patient Help:


    Diet list:

    AUA Guidelines:

    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

    Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool


    • #3
      If you visit the Medtronic web site, you can find a list of docs who currently work with it. That's a good option for you! Try to find a physician who is very experienced in interstim. Good luck!

      Here's the direct link:

      Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality.

      Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

      Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.


      • #4
        Donna and Jill,
        Thanks so much for the input. There are 3 doctors listed in the state of Florida. I will call on Monday and hope that another dr. will be permitted to undo what the other doctor started.....this remains to be seen.
        I'll keep you posted.


        • #5
          Hi Peggy....go to and look under the physician listing. There is a Dr. that works out of the University of South Florida in Tampa. My Uro. told me that he has heard of him and that he has done many interstim surgery's so he is experienced and knows what he is talking about. I know that there is 2 more that have experience in Florida.....1 from the Ocala area and one in Jacksonville. I might be seeing the Dr. in Tampa to try the interstim...I hope I could help some.