I am really scared this time!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am really scared this time!!!!!!

Surgery is set for wednesday at 9:30 am, and I am going to be a nut case untill then. I have to let my Uro who forgot these wires in me, remove them, and I dont know if I trust him anymore. He told me today, that he did not see them, and I dont understand how if he put them in there, he missed them on the removal. He is red faced and shaking today when I saw him and he looked at my exrays. He dodged every question I had, and didnt even want to talk about the wires at all, he just kept talking about how I need to flex my pf muscles. Ok, like I didnt know that. Hello, I have now been diagnosed for 3+ years. I just didnt feel comfortable at all with him today. I could tell he wasnt comfortable either.
    He says that he thinks that he can get them out with no complications, but I dont know what to believe from him anymore. I am really really scared this time. I dont think I have ever been more scared in my life. These wires are causing me to have pains down my legs, and up my back, so what are they touching to do that. And what does he have to cut into to get them out now. They have been in there attached to nothing. I am just going to stay busy until then, and they better drug me real well as soon as I walk in the door. Wish me luck, I am going to need it. I am so grateful for the support I have here, dont know what I would do without all of you.
    Hope everyone is having good poddy days!!!!!!!

~Jasmine~

Sending tons of prayers Jazzy [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    If they don't use an x-ray machine when they remove the wires, they don't know if they are all out so shame on him for that one. When I had my revision done in Oct my uro told me that taking out the old wires was much more complicated than he thought it would be but they had been in there for 2 years. I do have MORE problems and pain now than I did before the revision. I don't know if it's from taking out the old stuff or putting in the new stuff....it's all so confusing and when girls come on to ask about the interstim and we share what we have been thru they end up attacking us????!!!! Right now I think this dr is more afraid of you than you should be of him so I'd be thinkin' that he's going to be as perfect as possible this time.

tons and tons of gentle hugs~
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

jasmine, by the time you get this it will be too late, your surgery will be over.as soon as you feel like it let us know how you areo.k.do you have to pay for this surgeryor any part of it i just was wondering because he left the wires in.catch ya later deedee
      dx'd i.c in 96,too many treatments and meds to remember before badder removed in 2000.pain returned..has since been on roller coster of narcs ad other things..3 suicial att..went into hosp to withdrawl from sooo many narcs and wt. got down to 85lbs....came out eating small amounts ad keeping them down..the only pain med was ultram 50mg q 6 hrs..and gabapintien sorry..can spell..600 mg q 6 hrs..in 2003..nowin 2006-ive had mesh pulled from myvaginal walls 3 timesso pain is severe again but also in rectum now..had to add hydro/app q 4 hrs.!!!but i still pray there is hope..i just need o find it.

Comment

good luck! Can they give you a little valium to take before you even hit the hospital doors? If not, tell your anesthesia person you are really, really stressed and ask them to give you a little something before you even hit the OR doors-

Hang in there. You are probably doing the right thing having him take out the wires, since he knows the area etc. It sounds like he feels like a giagantic idiot (which he should)- but it also means he will be extra anal and careful when he goes in to get them out.

Your right, keep busy, try to relax, watch mindless movies and funny tv.

Good luck-

Melanie
        I am blessed to have an Indiana Pouch now
        IC since childhood, finally diagnosed at 31 yo
        PFD/Pelvic Pain,SI joint and LBP
        Low Back Pain s/p spinal fusion at 19 with more nastiness in back
        Hydrodistension 2001, 2005, 2011 w capsacian, 2011 with botox/ super pubic tube
        Interstim trial and removel 2002,C-Section 2007 and 2010, Post Partum Depression, post partum hypertension, Idopathic hypothalmic amenorrhea
        Radical Cystectomy with Indiana Pouch 2/3/12--->multiple complications and revision of ureters in pouch due to a giant ball of scar tissue in 8/12, occasional pylo, L kidney small and scarred, low flow
        Hysterectomy 2/3/12 w one ovary removed
        Dry Eyes
        L radical nephrectomy 1//3/14 after a long "what if " the conversation, kidney working 4 %, path said full of absesses
        Still have issues, still take meds.

I have worked some, been doing pilates, just got a post masters in nursing, learning to pace myself.
        Learning things I can't do, learning things that I need to take a LONG time to master and regain myself, but mostly just so happy to be bladder free.:

Comment

Jazzy,

This has been such a rough, rocky, uphill road for you! I pray that this suffering ends soon! You deserve the best care you can get. I hope you can resume a somewhat more comfortable life after this surgery. You will be in my heart and prayers as you have always been.

Hugs and more Hugs
          "Never take, I don't know how to help you as an answer."

[email protected]

Kara

Comment

Working...
          X