Interstim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interstim

I have not posted in here forever. I have been so discouraged because everything they have tried for my IC has failed. So thursday I am going in for the trial interstim placement. My doctor told me i will have to stay down for 5 days so that everything stays in place. I am so scared. I just hope and pray that this works for me.My family is sick and tired of me being sick and tired, so I feel I do not have much support. My husband said he will not take off work for it and that my sister in law will have to take me. After all according to him it will be nothing.Please pray for me. My daughter is upset because I can not watch my granddaughters the rest of the summer...the doctor said no lifting or extreme bending for 4-6 weeks. thanks for all of your support in advance. You all have helped me even if I have not posted banghead

grouphug
    Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

more grouphug grouphug
      What do they think? We make this %hit up! I had a weekend of grandchildren's birthday parties. Working on my 19th UTI in 24 months and finally yesterday I hit the right nerve on "him". I asked him "why are you so angry with me"....and for once, in the last 8 years he finally admitted that YES he is angry.....I take that as being positive because now maybe he can go thru the stages and come to acceptance.
      I had always taken care of all the household things. The yard was always my pride and joy. Letting go of that about killed me and I"m praying that someday I WILL get it back but for now, I"ve had to ask for help (OUCH cussing Did that hurt cussing ) So I know exactly how alone you are feeling.

Sending positive thoughts and warm fuzzy hugs your way and your husband can toilet himself
      teri
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

grouphug grouphug
        Hang in there , There is hope.
        There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

i'm so so sorry you are going threw all this pain but hopefully this will work a 100% for you. i know how you feel about the husband part and i agree with teri he can go flush his self! we all need support it gets lonely without support thank god for all of my icn friends they have helped me threw more things i can say!!! grouphug grouphug grouphug kissing If you need anything please ask!! sending you my warmest wishes and get well prayers!
          Medicine taken daily or as needed:
          1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
          2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
          3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
          4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
          5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
          5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
          6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
          7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

i will be praying for you!!!!!!!!
            hope you are feeling better... grouphug

Comment

Thank you all so much for your response and support. i went and got a haircut and massage. Feeling pretty good at the moment. Tomorrow my lab work. Thursday the temp implant. then uphill from there. Thanks you again for your kind words Sandy

Comment

Hi I hope everything goes well for you on Thursday, you know everyone is rooting for you, all the best to you, Iris. kissing grouphug hi
                Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Hi, I will be praying for you...good luck...Tina kissing

Comment

Hi Sandy,
                    you will be in my thougthsand prayers I had my interstim put in, in april and it has made a great improvement. Did you read the info on the interstim at www.interstim.com you will find this info very helpful.
                    good luck and please let us know how you are
                    brat
                    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I have the interstim implant and it is working wonderfully.

keep us informed on how it goes for you.

Jane grouphug
                      jd

Comment

Hi Sandy! hi Best of luck as you get closer to your surgery...I will keep you in my prayers. Boy, it really seems like folks at home are not very empathetic, perhaps you might copy the letter that Gwyn posted, and have them read it, heck, maybe it'll open some eyes! toilet Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you... grouphug Sheri
                        Wishing you the best, today, tomorrow, and always! Sheri G

Comment

Well I had my trial interstim surgery. The doc had some trouble due to the fact that my sacral nerve was hard to find because of the shape of my sacrum? I need to know I am hurting so bad the sites keep bleeding but my doctor told me that would happen on and off..kind of oozing uck...Please let me know if this is normal. banghead frown

Comment

I forgot to tell you all that my husband is being a jerk. Thank God for my mother who came over and helped me out...Thank you all for your support..

Comment

Are you oozing from the vertical cut? If so,I did for a few weeks. It wasn't enough to mean anything but it was there. If it's something that you think even in the slightest that you should call your dr for DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are paid ALOT of money for doing this surgery so don't be second guessing yourself.

As for your husband, just keep reminding yourself that all that goes around DOES come around. I think that's one of those great things about hitting 50~you finally beleive it. Mean while, I will be poking pins into a doll for him till he gets his head of his.....opps, can't say that here

tons and tons of gentle hugs~
                              teri
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Working...
                              X